Scholarships

Fly_Shane

Right now I'm just finishing my Sophomore year of high school. I have made up my mind that I want to be a pilot. Purdue interests me quite a bit, but its somewhat expensive. What are some scholarships I should be looking into and what are other ways to get money. Should I look into schools that aren't as expensive or should I follow what I want to do? What can I be doing now to pursue this. I haven't taken the ACTs yet, but I will be within the next year. Should I go to the local airport and take lessons?

You can get your private and Purdue will credit you for that license. That means you won't have to take the private pilot lecture and it's associated lab (the flying part).

As for scholarships, I believe I posted a link to a number of scholarships. Since it's pushing 3am on the east coast, I'm too tired to look it up if I didn't.

I would highly recommend Purdue to anyone looking for aviation. If you decide that aviation is not for you, there is a literal phonebook sized list of different majors here you can change to (and you can even invent your own).

The downside is that Purdue is only going to get more expensive as the state kicks in less and less.

Back