Saw Al Haynes Speak Last Night

Airlines

Hey everyone,

I got a chance to fly up with my instructor to listen to Al Haynes give a speech on Flight 232, as well as aviation safety. It was a very powerful and motivating speech, and really makes you sit back and think how much respect needs to be given to flying. It is still unbelievable what the pilots, as well as everyone, did to help save that flight. If anyone ever gets a chance to listen to him, I would highly, highly recommend it.

Yeah...I'll second that. I took some students to see his presentation a few months ago- well worth the trip!!!

I have heard him speak and it is definately worth while. He is a great speaker, the story is great, and you certainly learn a lot.

[ QUOTE ]
I have heard him speak and it is definately worth while. He is a great speaker, the story is great, and you certainly learn a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]Sweet, he's coming to my school to speak in a few months and I cant wait!
laugh.gif

I love the United 232 story, that crew is an inspiration to me and even though it was a tragedy it makes me want to fly even more. If I ever meet Mr. Haynes I don't know what I would say, but I can tell you I won't sell him one bit short....after all it wasn't till after that accident they started looking into the use of thrust for directional control.

Clem

Back