Saving money on flight training!

6) Fly at least every other day so you don't have to re-learn lessons.

I cant stress this enough.
Ive wasted so much time/money getting right to the point where I can pass a practical test, and then put it off the study further for the Oral, and allow my skills to slip yet again.

DO IT ASAP. Don't put it off!

6) Fly at least every other day so you don't have to re-learn lessons

:yeahthat: I would say this is one of the most important.
I dont even know how much I had to spend on re-learning certain lessons. Im embarassed to say how much and which lessons game me a thorn. :D

My school just recently got a light sport and I was thinking about using it instead of the C172 as it is relatively cheaper (still expensive for what it is though). However, I'm almost done with my PPL so perhaps I'd be wasting even more time getting used to the new airplane?

My school just recently got a light sport and I was thinking about using it instead of the C172 as it is relatively cheaper (still expensive for what it is though). However, I'm almost done with my PPL so perhaps I'd be wasting even more time getting used to the new airplane?

Use it for timebuilding once you have the private! I did a lot of timebuilding in and Indus Thorpedo T-211. It was fun flying with the top down!

Indus%20Aviation%20T211%20Thorpedo%20%28flight%20review%20available%29-1.jpg

Join www.aopa.org

Student Pilots can recieve a free 6 month membership and if they wish to continue it is $39 a year.

Benefits include:

-12 issues a year of AOPA's Flight Training magazine
-Free Aopa's Pilot's cap
-The AOPA Airport Directory
-Free "members"-only" Web access with AOPA Online
-AOPA Air Safety Foundation course and seminars

Use it for timebuilding once you have the private! I did a lot of timebuilding in and Indus Thorpedo T-211. It was fun flying with the top down!

Amen! I found a cheap and brand new Flight Design CT for $84/hr. It made flying into Oshkosh possible. What amazes me is the fact that some of the LSAs out perform your classic 172s. In the CT, you can cruise at 110 kts on about 5 gph. I just flew a Gobosh about a month ago and was getting a steady 1300fpm climb off the deck.

I think if you can find someone at the same stage of training to study/fly
with, it keeps things moving along at a good pace. Much like going to the gym, a partner always motivates.

Back