Saturday Night, Virtual Night...Networking Video Chat

Very much so!

I couldn’t get on because the boats internet package has speeds approaching dialup.
What no VIP broadband access included with your fancy dancy trip package?

I’d ask when you’re in JNU but I just started day shift and it’ll probably be hard to get away

Very much so!

I couldn’t get on because the boats internet package has speeds approaching dialup.

Haha welcome to the boat you noob. You know what we had last time i was on a boat? Email. That’s it. Consider yourself lucky ya damn air captain. And there was no booze. We once were at sea for 100 days. I bet you can imagine how the next port call went......

Haarrrrr matey.

Chatted with the captain at the reception. He was a boat captain over in Sweden, hated it bcause he would never have a family while in the business, became a CFI in Burbank to pursue an aviation career, the economy went to poops, then went back into sailing and ended up at NCL. Nice guy, just… dark about his decisions.

Haarrrrr matey.

Chatted with the captain at the reception. He was a boat captain over in Sweden, hated it bcause he would never have a family while in the business, became a CFI in Burbank to pursue an aviation career, the economy went to poops, then went back into sailing and ended up at NCL. Nice guy, just… dark about his decisions.
Have you listened to Swedish metal? They seem like dark people.

Haarrrrr matey.

That would be kinda cool to go from boat CA to airplane CA. I mean, i know there are probably quite a few former USN carrier CO’s who have done such a thing, but It’s still an interesting journey in leadership

Haha welcome to the boat you noob. You know what we had last time i was on a boat? Email. That’s it. Consider yourself lucky ya damn air captain. And there was no booze. We once were at sea for 100 days. I bet you can imagine how the next port call went......

O-: What the.... No beer days.....? The longest underway we had during the final West-Pac for The Ranger was 42 days doing circles in the Persian Gulf. Pulled into Dubai and ended up at the Hyatt Regency. Those first few Foster's hit a little different....

Speaking of beer days....My son, on the Eisenhower, got to tour an English carrier in Norfolk this week. Those guys get two beers a day. The sailors they were with said most will save their beers for the weekend...

O-: What the.... No beer days.....? The longest underway we had during the final West-Pac for The Ranger was 42 days doing circles in the Persian Gulf. Pulled into Dubai and ended up at the Hyatt Regency. Those first few Foster's hit a little different....

Speaking of beer days....My son, on the Eisenhower, got to tour an English carrier in Norfolk this week. Those guys get two beers a day. The sailors they were with said most will save their beers for the weekend...

Most of the time during those longer underway periods they tried to make the beer day happen. But I think it only comes into play nowadays beyond 45 days at sea. Not sure where I am remembering that number from, since I don't actually read naval instructions :)

Yeah, in a similar way, a couple friends of mine got stuck on an Spanish ship for a night (long story, they were on a US ship that had a collision with another US ship, and they were flown off to the Spanish destroyer riding along with our strike group).......sounded like they got way more than 2 beers a day, or I should say glasses of wine.

*edit: it may have been Italian, I can't really remember now

Most of the time during those longer underway periods they tried to make the beer day happen. But I think it only comes into play nowadays beyond 45 days at sea. Not sure where I am remembering that number from, since I don't actually read naval instructions :)

Yeah, in a similar way, a couple friends of mine got stuck on an Spanish ship for a night (long story, they were on a US ship that had a collision with another US ship, and they were flown off to the Spanish destroyer riding along with our strike group).......sounded like they got way more than 2 beers a day, or I should say glasses of wine.

*edit: it may have been Italian, I can't really remember now
45 days was what we were told on that West-PAC. 42 was long enough time doing circles. I seem to recall it being for Operation Southern Watch enforcement.

That would be kinda cool to go from boat CA to airplane CA. I mean, i know there are probably quite a few former USN carrier CO’s who have done such a thing, but It’s still an interesting journey in leadership

Well technically not a captain but watch leader. It definitely leveled up my leadership game. Although the bar is set pretty low for aviation…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be kinda cool to go from boat CA to airplane CA.
If I'd made a bit more money earlier in my career I'd be doing the program to be a deck officer for Washington State Ferries right now. That did not happen, so I am not (I cannot do two years of 24-hour call for $0), but I did take a hard look at it.

IMG_0012.png

“Tacky!”

Back