SAT II

vipermcg

Does anyone know if Purdue requires or likes to see SAT II's for admission into their flight program?

The SAT IIs are not required... although they might prefer them.

I do know, however, that Purdue does put more emphasis on the ACTs (as all midwest schools do). If you didn't too well on your SATs, try the ACTs.

I got a 1250, how should that look? Here on the east coast, hardly anyone I know takes the ACT's. I dont even know of any place around here I could take them.

[ QUOTE ]
I got a 1250, how should that look? Here on the east coast, hardly anyone I know takes the ACT's. I dont even know of any place around here I could take them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I got around that and it wasn't good enough. Remember it's a numbers game and you're competing with people who have high SAT or ACT scores for limited slots.

If you don't want to retake the SAT or take the ACT. I would apply to the Aviation Management program and then transfer into the Flight program in your sophomore year. You can take classes that parallel the first year of the Flight program while flying out of LafAv.

I got a 1300.. 650 math, 650 verbal, so you are only 4 or 5 questions away. Try again, or, take the ACT..

Also, they look at your course load and grades. The more difficult, the better!

I got considerably less than 1250
frown.gif
and I got into the flight program. Considerably less being not even in the 1100's - point is that while a super high SAT score would be a benefit that's not the only thing they look at.

Jason

Back