San DIego FBO's

bluelake

San DIego FBO\'s

I will be in San Diego for a non-aviation related conference in July. I would like to sneak off and rent a trainer and maybe even a CFI to do some fun stuff around the area... any recommendations of where/who I should get in touch with before I go there.

Basically I am low-time in busier airspaces so I want to use the opportunity to get some time down there with a CFI to build confidence in something other than G and E.....

Thanks,
DeanR

Re: San DIego FBO\'s

I spoke to one of the instructors in my flying club at MYF, he'd be happy to oblige. Contact him directly at alexanderkluge at yahoo dot com. You might want to pick up a SAN terminal chart to get familiar with the Class Bravo...it's beastly, but tamable. /ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif

I would recommend Plus One Flyers at Montgomery field, but I believe there is a policy that both the instructor and the student must be club members. If you are just in town for a few days that wouldn't be practical. I'm sure there are a lot of choices at the Gibbs ramp you could go with though. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Hey,

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I decided that maybe if I leave my flightbag at home and concentrat on the San Diego ground activities it would be better. I am gonne put my mula into some C-182 RG time up here in Redding as soon as I return. I'll jot these places down though for future reference.

Aloft, I hope you didnt really mean you dont wanna fly 4 days with anyone who doesnt only know aviation (see your ATP post) /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif:):) I got aMasters in forestry but somehow turned out to be a pretty competent pilot. Go figure /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif:)

Bluelake.

Nope; the opposite, in fact. I said I wouldn't want to fly a 4 day trip with anyone who knew only aviation and little else. You can only talk "shop" for so long, but with a masters in forestry, you'd plainly have plenty of other things to talk about.

Like trees and stuff. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Just kiddin blue. Didn't make it up there this weekend. Soon though, very soon.

Back