sad report........

sad for the insurance company. I have no sympathy for someone who is going to intentionally destroy someone else's property during a suicidal act. Why didn't he just jump off of a bridge?

I heard about this a few years ago. Someone said he had just received a second DUI. Can anyone confirm this?

The worst thing like this is a report I read that happend in Houston (I think), where a guy went to get checked out in a plane at an FBO, and during the flight asked the CFI to take over so he could try out his new camera. There were pretty high since this guy wanted to try out his camera (7 or 8 thousand I believe). Well the CFI put the airplane into a steep left bank at the request of the pilot/photographer, and while the CFI wasn't looking the guy unbuckled himself and jumped out. He had left a note back at home so they know it was a suicide.

I don't think I'd be in much condition to land after something like that happens. Why did he have to involve the CFI in something like that? He didn't destroy the plane but its almost worse I think, because that CFI is probably scarred for life now.

Wasn't that the bastard that stole the government notebook computer with lots of stuff on it? Yeah, I think it was.....

that must have felt like one lonely flight back to the airport. I wonder just how many times that CFI looked over at that emtpy seat. I betcha a LOT. You think he got paid for that dual given time ?

Thank God, he didn't pull that stunt with an innocent 'low to no time' student thinkin "Hey this is pretty cool we're cleared for the option and he's gonna put me in a tough situation"! Check that... good thing he didn't do it with ANYONE aboard!

He coulda done much worse... he screwed the insurance company(and we wonder why we're paying so much to fly), but at least he didn't do something terribly stupid involving innocent people on board or on the ground.

Creepy transcripts though, as he sounded so 'in control' and 'professional' doing something so fun... why would you commit suicide while doing stop n go's?? That's stuff I live for!!

[ QUOTE ]
that must have felt like one lonely flight back to the airport. I wonder just how many times that CFI looked over at that emtpy seat. I betcha a LOT. You think he got paid for that dual given time ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't even collect the 0.2 oral!

On a serious note, I heard it was a 1.5 mission. Would the CFI log it as 1.5, 1.0 dual given, 0.5 solo?

Very chilling.

The DUI's were probably more than likely just a symptom of "self-medication" that he was using to mask a bigger psychological problem.

The thing is, you really can't test for psychological issues with any amount of certainty, but the aeromedical branch is known to virtually lose it's mind when a medical applicant seeks psychological help.

But that's a bigger symptom of our nation seeing psychological difficulties in the light of you being a complete wack job.

[ QUOTE ]
On a serious note, I heard it was a 1.5 mission. Would the CFI log it as 1.5, 1.0 dual given, 0.5 solo?

[/ QUOTE ]
If it were me I don't think I'd log it at all. That's not somthing I'd want to remember. An extra 1.5 in the logbook isn't going to make much of a difference.

Back