Sad day for CFIs (in response to thread on info about DCA)

[ QUOTE ]

The day DCA puts a link to jetcareers on their website is the day I shut up...

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly doubt that. Your personal crusade takes up way too much of your time. To altogether just drop this hobby of bashing DCA "marketing" would leave too much time on your hands...and you know what they say about idle hands...
buck.gif

In the close future, you know DCA would never link to this website. So, in the mean time, your hobby is safe. Carry on with the crusades...

[ QUOTE ]
"In the close future, you know DCA would never link to this website."

Why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don... don't pretend to be naive... I was starting to respect you! This would be the same as GWB campaign linking their wevsite to MoveOn.org or Kerry to the "Swift Boat Veterans Against " ...the guy who actually was there"

wink.gif

"Don... don't pretend to be naive...

Not trying to be naive. Just trying to stimulate discussion on why DCA wouldn't be interested in having their prospective students be as well informed about the industry as possible.

Guess that would be bad business....

Come on now, I wouldn't exactly refer to this specific forum as a place to get "well informed". It's more of a forum for people to chime in and give unsolicited (sp?) opinions on something they know very little about. Hey here's a link to a forum where we are regularly bashed by people that never went here and don't have a clue as to what goes on here that feed off of complaints of a vocal few who may or may not have a legitimate complaint. Mmm...yeah that's smart. Now if this was a place where people that actually know what is going on at DCA discussed things in a civilized manner, and biased opinions and preconcieved notions were left elsewhere, then it would be a different story; but we all know that's not gonna happen.

[ QUOTE ]
Now if this was a place where people that actually know what is going on at DCA discussed things in a civilized manner, and biased opinions and preconcieved notions were left elsewhere, then it would be a different story; but we all know that's not gonna happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? It could happen, if all the participants were willing. There would, of course, be positive as well as negative. If the positive is presented fairly, and the negative presented constructively, it could likely work.

I went to DCA and posted on my experiences there. I did not bash anyone and felt that my post was a good representation of how some things need to change at DCA.

I was not referring to you. I don't know your story, but you are right ,you spoke about your situation in a sensible manner and actually have experience with the school. Sorry if you thought I was referring to you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And people wonder why DCA gets such bad press.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have to wonder why DCA "gets such bad press", as I haven't seen any. Having worked in media for 12 years before attending DCA, I am pretty sure the generally accepted use of the word "press" in this instance is used to describe an unbiased news source. The bashers here are certainly not unbiased. (Nor are the supporters here for that matter, but that is another story) If anyone has seen any bad "press" about DCA, please post it with reference to its source. Peace out.

[/ QUOTE ]

By unbiased you mean like Fox News? Yeah...right... Good lord, if we held ourselves to that standard, we wouldn't have much "press" in this country. No, we do not have to be unbiased to write here, and our bias does not mean what we have to say doesn't mean anything. Now blatant disregard for the truth, that is unforgivable.

I don't write here much anymore because I think most people who come here to read about Comair Academy (Nefariously known as DCA) get a pretty good view into the school by seeing what kind of supporters Comair has.

UPS does a valiant effort at challenging those interested in flight training to do their research properly. He has said repeatedly, as have I, that his only goal is to make sure that prospective students who read this forum know they should look at this school carefully.

If someone goes to Comair Academy after doing their homework, more power to them. It is the uninformed consumer that thinks they are buying a job into Delta Air Lines that people like UPS and I are trying to inform...

Comair wouldn't have a problem with open communication about their school unless they were trying to hide something... "Methinks thou dost protest too much."

G

Good points Philosopher, I wasn't saying that those that write here shouldn't speak their minds, I was merely saying that this isn't "the press" and that everything I have seen here, pro or con for DCA is opinions from biased sources (including myself). I also challenged anyone to post actual bad press if they found any and so far no one has.

[ QUOTE ]
Good points Philosopher, I wasn't saying that those that write here shouldn't speak their minds, I was merely saying that this isn't "the press" and that everything I have seen here, pro or con for DCA is opinions from biased sources (including myself). I also challenged anyone to post actual bad press if they found any and so far no one has.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you meant, I was just giving you a hard time.
smile.gif
The problem is that Comair Academy would have to be REALLY bad to get the attention of the press. I think the opinions of those in the industry are perhaps more relevant than a story in the local paper.

I don't necessarily think that Comair Academy is not good at giving instruction. I just think they brush the hairy edge of unethical marketing practices, and should be called out for it. Will this site make a huge difference? Probably not, but even a few people that do proper research make it worthwhile for us to make our voices heard.

G

I kinda figured you were just busting my ball$ a bit, that's cool. Didn't you just shoot yourself in the foot though, by saying that DCA would have to be REALLY bad to get the attention of the press? If they haven't gotten the press's attention yet does that mean that DCA isn't really all that bad? I know what you are saying, I just had to bust back a little.
wink.gif

PS, you are right, the opinions of those in the industry are very relevant both pro and con. It seems as of late DCA has as many supporters as detractors around here... I haven't added up all the names to see how many are on what side or anygthing, but perhaps somebody would.... whoever it is can count me on the more pro than con side...

[ QUOTE ]
I kinda figured you were just busting my ball$ a bit, that's cool. Didn't you just shoot yourself in the foot though, by saying that DCA would have to be REALLY bad to get the attention of the press? If they haven't gotten the press's attention yet does that mean that DCA isn't really all that bad? I know what you are saying, I just had to bust back a little.
wink.gif

PS, you are right, the opinions of those in the industry are very relevant both pro and con. It seems as of late DCA has as many supporters as detractors around here... I haven't added up all the names to see how many are on what side or anygthing, but perhaps somebody would.... whoever it is can count me on the more pro than con side...

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said Comair was all that bad as far as the press is concerned. After all, if you make bad press, it wouldn't be for questionable marketing practices. If Comair Academy was making bad press, it would be about either security or crashes. That's just how the media works. I don't think Comair Academy is dangerous, just a little shifty in their marketing.
smile.gif

I'm not anti-Comair Academy. I just want their students to be eyes wide open when they go there.

G

Back