Sabre Dispatch Monitor

It starts at the beginning and when you close each page automatically opens the next one saving clicks. But also can be the downfall if you get a call while in the MTOW or earlier as you have to quickly hit ESC but it still marks them as done.

Yea I’ve gotten caught by that and also by trying to preplan 4-5 flight at the same time and then you get a phone call and are endlessly pressing ESC lol

What happens if you fall behind the red line? Do all ur blocks start turning red and you start going #^>|%#<? Also why not just turn off AUTO when I get the call?

What happens if you fall behind the red line? Do all ur blocks start turning red and you start going #^>|%#<? Also why not just turn off AUTO when I get the call?
Well if you start falling way behind the red line, dispatch releases start going out late or your fellow dispatchers have to take some of the load off of your desk. This is something that if it happens every once in a while, usually the guys/girls are more than willing to help out a bit. If you do it every day (ESPECIALLY if you are arguing with Bismarck Tower about not having a valid approach when the metar/taf both read SKC, or are watching tom and jerry) you may begin to develop interpersonal relationship problems within your workplace.

As for "turning off" auto, I found the best way to do it is to finish doing the flight you were working on (or just not putting in the route/fuel yet) and then exiting out and answering. You can even answer the phone and then use stalling language like "oh, right, let me get a look at that. juuuust one second" while doing it. it makes you seem professional and helpful, while in reality you're covering for taking the easy way out. I miss dispatch monitor sometimes.

ESPECIALLY if you are arguing with Bismarck Tower about not having a valid approach when the metar/taf both read SKC, or are watching tom and jerry) you may begin to develop interpersonal relationship problems within your workplace.
Could you just send it and leave it for Bismark TWR to deal with? If it isnt NOTAMED NA then its fair game.

Could you just send it and leave it for Bismark TWR to deal with? If it isnt NOTAMED NA then its fair game.

That would be what most normal people would attempt, yes. In this case, 2 factors were at work. 1, the papi was notam'd OTS, and 2. the person working that flight decided it would be best to turn that into a crisis on a day with 10SM vis and not a cloud in sight. It made for a groovy time for the 3 dispatchers who had to add 10 flights between us to our east coast irop.

That would be what most normal people would attempt, yes. In this case, 2 factors were at work. 1, the papi was notam'd OTS, and 2. the person working that flight decided it would be best to turn that into a crisis on a day with 10SM vis and not a cloud in sight. It made for a groovy time for the 3 dispatchers who had to add 10 flights between us to our east coast irop.
Its a PAPI so what, the crew is flying a multimillion dollar jet not a rust bucket 172. Also 10 miles and clear vis? If a crew couldnt fly an approach in that I would be seriously worried about their ability. Although granted after the SFO disaster involving a sea wall we now know what some airlines will produce in terms of competant flight crews.

Its a PAPI so what, the crew is flying a multimillion dollar jet not a rust bucket 172. Also 10 miles and clear vis? If a crew couldnt fly an approach in that I would be seriously worried about their ability. Although granted after the SFO disaster involving a sea wall we now know what some airlines will produce in terms of competant flight crews.

One thing you're going to find in Dispatch (if you haven't gotten a job in dispatch already) is that someone in your office will overthink everything and just cause problems for themselves. If you don't know who that person in your office is, it might be you.

Whatever you do, use the ESC key. Dispatch Monitor is a two handed sport. If you are dragging the mouse back and forth to click X to close out of every window... prepare for the red.
Might as well buy a macro keyboard and configure DM actions to it

One thing you're going to find in Dispatch (if you haven't gotten a job in dispatch already) is that someone in your office will overthink everything and just cause problems for themselves. If you don't know who that person in your office is, it might be you.
The way I look at it if it isnt NOTAMd NA or Destroyed/Disabled by the FAA (AKA U/S) then its ok. Sometimes I wonder if the FAA just ignores the u/s notams for VORs just to make the MON VOR network reality sooner.

I think your response was to an overthinker.

I doubt DM will be around when you get the call. It has a mandatory sunset coming up in a year or so. Everybody has to get a replacement, FPM, LIDO, Navblue, custom, will be what is in play.

I doubt DM will be around when you get the call. It has a mandatory sunset coming up in a year or so. Everybody has to get a replacement, FPM, LIDO, Navblue, custom, will be what is in play.
It’s a private company who’s making it mandatory FAA?

Sabre is supposedly getting out of the game..at least that’s what we were told drove the push for LIDO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Not getting out of the game. But stopping support for the old DM. They wanted people using the newest programs with FPM and said they will still support DM, if the company was willing to pay for the support staff and all costs. So yeah... DM is getting out of the game for them to consolidate the suite

Back