Rotary To Airline Group

I swear I’m being stalked by a couple of the recruiters....

Leave me alone dammit, I have an ADSO.

The Army must have a policy to let all career organizations on base. I'm sure some senior leaders at Fort Campbell rather have ISIS come on post and have one of those wierd shooting AKs in the sky while chanting gaggles.

I had to giggle pretty good last year at Airventure. I went to the career tent to say hello to some old friends in HR at the previous airline. I was hounded by 3 others. Ahh, I’m good thanks.

Army considers better pay for aviation as pilots and crews leave at record rate

To summarize the Army is aware that the Regional Airlines are actively recruiting helicopter pilots and to counter this the Army will increase pay, lower the age for pilot selection to 28, and increase the flight school service obligation from 6 years to 8 years.

What boggles my mind is that the QOL issue for Army Aviation is never addressed by the very senior levels. Speaking to several aviators getting out is the reason they are leaving is not for the airlines but it is the fact they are burnt out and tired of spending so much time away from their families.

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/arm...ilots-and-crews-leave-at-record-rate-1.577947
What boggles my mind is that the QOL issue for Army Aviation is never addressed by the very senior levels. Speaking to several aviators getting out is the reason they are leaving is not for the airlines but it is the fact they are burnt out and tired of spending so much time away from their families.
It's not just pilots. Lots of Joes are leaving because they're burned out and tired of spending so much time away from their families.

The next convention is at Ft Campbell April 13-14. Coincidentally (?), that's the same weekend as the AAAA (Home) Summit in Nashville.
Lol. I thought you were talking about these guys...

You know, something like this... if all the "semi-elderly" guys were pilots...

Last edited by a moderator:
Army considers better pay for aviation as pilots and crews leave at record rate

To summarize the Army is aware that the Regional Airlines are actively recruiting helicopter pilots and to counter this the Army will increase pay, lower the age for pilot selection to 28, and increase the flight school service obligation from 6 years to 8 years.

They aren’t raising crap.

The people at the tops of aviation branch have been screaming at the bean counters “hey we really need to do this now” and the bean counters don’t care.

Aviation branch controls no actual funding for these special incentive pays. They get what they get and the main side of the Army sees aviation as overpaid “not real soldiers” already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They aren’t raising crap.

The people at the tops of aviation branch have been screaming at the bean counters “hey we really need to do this now” and the bean counters don’t care.

Aviation branch controls no actual funding for these special incentive pays. They get what they get and the main side of the Army sees aviation as overpaid “not real soldiers” already.

Don't worry. The new blended retirement system can only help the retention issues.

Don't worry. The new blended retirement system can only help the retention issues.

Yeah between that and turning Germany and Korea into 9 month NTC rotations it’s a wonder we even have a conventional Army anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah between that and turning Germany and Korea into 9 month NTC rotations it’s a wonder we even have a conventional Army anymore.

I don't even know how we have anyone left in the Special Groups anymore with all the time they're away. My theory is healthy government-provided ration of hookers and blow.

I swapped in to it. Can’t contribute due to civilian cap. At least it will let me leave with something after 17 good years.

Also, since I’m on it. Why the EFF hasn’t the guard/ reserve been getting full Aviation pay since day one? We have the same semi-annual requirements. I fly the same or more than my AD cohorts, but have pro-rated pay.
Good luck in the future for retention sir. You’ll find me waving the flag while you march off on the next rotation.

I swapped in to it. Can’t contribute due to civilian cap. At least it will let me leave with something after 17 good years.

Also, since I’m on it. Why the EFF hasn’t the guard/ reserve been getting full Aviation pay since day one? We have the same semi-annual requirements. I fly the same or more than my AD cohorts, but have pro-rated pay.
Good luck in the future for retention sir. You’ll find me waving the flag while you march off on the next rotation.

17 years.... so close. I don't know what level the pro-rated flight pay for guard/reserve is decided but I agree, it's bogus.

Back