Rookie Qs about DFW ATC

jetman

Hi all
i have dificulties understanding the live DFW ATC stream in my computer,im wondering if someone familiar with their operations may answer some "beginners' questions.
1]Are "SANCTUARY and EPSILON' taxiways?
2]I heard Ground saying what sounded like" follow the "CAMPAIGN' is this a type of aircraft or the name of a company?
3]I also heard the Tower call a flight what sounded like "cananine 17"[?
blush.gif

4]Reg. Aproach ' direct NELSTAF' is this correct?[ VOR or Intesection]
5]Is there an airport in the: region with an ILS aproach Rw. 34 and the Tower frec. 118.3 'Mitchum"?
confused.gif

THANKS A LOT FOR HELP
cool.gif
TAKE CARE JETMAN

Sounds like intersections to me. Maybe some of the DFW flyers like Doug can comment on this.

You're listening to DFW_APP in the stream on Jet Careers (unless some one changed it). Probally intersection as far as NELSTAFgoes (or it may also be an arrival for DFW). Dont know how you would have listened into TWR/GND on JetCareers becuase I just checked it and it is still on APP.

Here's what my take is on the items.

2. You probably heard "Follow company". This term is frequently used by these guys to have a aircraft follow another aircraft of the same company (Delta following Delta, American following American) during taxi operations.

4. Although, I do not know the exact name, it sounds like an intersection. Also, I believe most intersections are five letter words.

5. Its Fort Worth Meacham airport, west of DFW international airport.

Back