Rod Machado's Private Pilot Manual.

montanapilot

Rod Machado\'s Private Pilot Manual.

I was looking at some private pilot flight manuals and noticed that it is only 24.95. Is it worth getting in your guys opinion? I have heard both good and bad some people say there is too much humor and it is hard focus on the topic. Worth buying or just stick with a Jepp manual?

Re: Rod Machado\'s Private Pilot Manual.

It is a good book... i will definately vouch for it. There is a lot of filler stuff, but you WILL learn the material... there are no manuveurs however, so you will have to go somewhere else for that, but Ill definately give RM's my approval.

Rod Machado is very good at putting things into laymens terms. I used it to suppliment the Jepp manual, as I always find it usefull to learn things from different perspectives. I'd say its a good book, but if you have to use the Jepp manual for ground school class or whatever, it may or may not be worth it. It depends on how you learn.

Its a really good book, University of Illinois uses it for its Aviation 101 groundschool. The information is all very good and in my opinion its a lot easier of a read when you compare it to the Jepp book.

-Pete

It is a good book, I bought it for my CFI to help with lesson plans in lay man's terms.

It is a good book. I am also using it for putting together my CFI lesson plans.

I also bought it during my CFI and I now use it a lot to supplement my lessons. If you've got the extra $30, I'd recommend it.

I'd vote a yes, but I'd also reccomend you get the jeppesen private pilot textbook becaues the diagrams and illustrations are better. RM's PPH is an easier read than the jepp though. The Jepp book goes more in depth regarding systems.

Another thing about Rod Machado's book is that it is very entertaining. His sense of humor is extreemely corney, but it makes me laugh. He makes it fun to learn.

Very good book. I recieved ground school with an instructor who used the jeppesen book, I used rod machado's book to clear up anything I didn't understand.

It's a great book, especially for someone just starting flying with no prior experience, very easy to understand. I recommend it to my students.

Excellent book. I used it during my CFI training to help me prepare my lesson plans. RM can break anything down into layman terms.

I'll throw in my 2c and say that this book has probably the single best explanation of the four forces of any book out there. It's very intuitive when you picture a car climbing a hill.

Not related... but I loaned my Jepp manual to a buddy who was going to start flight training over the summer; the • moved away to college and took my book with him
mad.gif

Yes, it is a very good book. Some of his humor is funny, and some of it is really stupid...but it helps you learn the material no matter what. Definately better than some of the really dry Private Pilot study books out there.

[ QUOTE ]

Not related... but I loaned my Jepp manual to a buddy who was going to start flight training over the summer; the • moved away to college and took my book with him
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've almost gotten to the point that I wouldn't lend my mother a worn pair of socks!!!
crazy.gif

What's his name so anyone doesn't bother hiring the criminal!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

THAT PUNK [Blahbitty Blah]!!!! I would definately work on getting it back - if you need one for your CFI, or for any students (not to let them borrow it) you can use mine!!!

The real kicker is he still doesn't fly! I'd at least feel a little better if he actually used the book
crazy.gif

...would be nice to study from for the CFI

Back