RMC difference

ATC wannabe

I have a couple of questions that the Union in my facility has been asking about in regards to the Retired Military Controller hiring situation. I am an OTS and do not know much but I figured this might be a good place to ask. We have one in our facility (non-union as of now)and know that he signed a 5 year contract to come on and that it is one time renewable. The questions they/we have is are they eligible to be part of the bargaining unit (aka Union)? Does the contract saying anything in regards to bidding staff positions (Sup, Ops Manager, etc.)? If they have similar staff experience in the military does that count in the agency? Are there any other significant stipulations in the contract that would matter to the Union?

I know a lot of in depth stuff but they all say this is kind of a new situation that no one knows much about. We are trying to see if we can get a copy of the contract but it is harder than you would think.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the response but this is not what I'm looking for. RMC hired controllers sign a contract with the FAA that gives them a specific term of years to work with the agency such as 5 years. The terms of this contract are unknown and they/we were curious about those terms.

Back