RIP Theodore “TC” Calvin

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
Theodore “TC” Calvin, Capt, USMC (Roger Moseley). UH-1E Huey pilot, VMO-2, Da Nang, 1971.

1F254274-E2A6-4959-94DF-2D5E5C5BB2B2.jpeg
0EE7B48F-6E73-4601-96C9-F84CB14A87D6.jpeg

I used to occasionally turn a wrench on the G-IV owned by the guy that wrote this theme, I never actually met him or maybe I did. He's not the most prolific musician of the era but he's probably written more songs that many of us of a certain age would recognize. I think he traded up to a G-V a couple of years ago...
I still have the entire series DVD box set.

Last edited:
I used to occasionally turn a wrench on the G-IV owned by the guy that wrote this theme, I never actually met him or maybe I did. He's not the most prolific musician of the era but he's probably written more songs that many of us of a certain age would recognize. I think he traded up to a G-V a couple of years ago...
I still have the entire series DVD box set.

If you ever heard John Hillerman outside of character in his native Texas accent it was quite jarring.

Hillerman was a Texan whom I thought was a Brit, originally.

Damian Lewis is a Brit whom I thought was an American, originally.

Always jarring to have that realization.
Another jarring one to hear is Matthew Rhyes from The Americans. The first time I saw him in an interview, with Keri Russell, on Conan, I was in shock. I had no clue he was Welsh.

Did anyone else think of Poly-Fiber every time you saw that helicopter?

View attachment 66253
Probably not if you were working on helicopters. I recall as a youth infatuated with flying things as a graduation present (with straight A's) from the 6th grade my dad took me down to the Port of Long Beach and we went for a sight seeing flight in a 500 with the same paint scheme, it was awesome. That scheme is not necessarily original to Magnum PI. The North Slope Borough Search and Rescue has been running something very similar for a looong time.

Always appreciated the helicopter scenes in Magnum P.I.. In so many shows. we see boarding, deboarding, and bad stock footage.

Back