Riddle in Scottsdale

Phoenix_Son

Just wanted to share an item I wrote tonight for Tuesday's Republic (I write for the Scottsdale section). It made me think of you guys. It went something like:
"Scottsdale Community College's volleyball team takes on Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's Prescott Campus at 7 tonight [Tuesday night] and Mesa Community College ... [date of other game]. Tickets for each game are $5 for adults and $3 for kids."
Might be an interesting "networking" opportunity, so I'm just tossin' the idea out. SCC is near Pima and Camelback roads.

[ QUOTE ]
. SCC is near Pima and Camelback roads.

[/ QUOTE ]

SCC. hehehe

Was known as Second Chance College or Saguaro (HS) Continuing College back in my day.....
laugh.gif

That's funny. Saguaro's another school I cover. They have a new principal this year.
What HS did you go to? Saguaro?

[ QUOTE ]
That's funny. Saguaro's another school I cover. They have a new principal this year.
What HS did you go to? Saguaro?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Native AZ from Tucson and Scottsdale/Paradise Valley. Parents still near Camelback Mountain.

Hahaha... Second Chance College. Ahh, that's so fitting. *looks around* Oh wait, I'm 'typing aloud' aren't I? Disregard.
grin.gif
*chuckles and presses continue*

Phx-son,

you write for the scottsdale section of the paper? like an everyday thing about sports or other new coverages?

That's so kewl cuz doug and I read that practically everyday since we're snottdale residents!

I betcha get/hear lots of good stories about our city council eh?! haha
shocked.gif
grin.gif

I can tell you guys read it - azcentral/snottsdale page items get posted on here occasionally, so somebody must be reading it.
smile.gif
I'm glad you like it. The section's a lot better than it was a couple years ago, and a lot better than what NE Phx (where I live) receives.
I write the Every School, Every Week column. It's in there six days a week. Today should be Middle School day, but I forget what page it was gonna be on.
[ QUOTE ]
I betcha get/hear lots of good stories about our city council eh?! haha
shocked.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Leslie Wright does those, covers all their meetings. What few stories I do are little ones about stuff students are doing outside school, like: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/scottsdale/articles/1015sr-braintumor15Z8.html [if this link is broken, it's because the story was taken down 15 days after publication]

Back