Restricted Touch-n-Goes

ERJ-135

FAA backs AOPA challenges to touch-and-go restrictions at two Florida airports

Feb. 8 — Prompted by December challenges from AOPA, the FAA has informed two Florida airports that they violated FAA mandates regarding aircraft operations.

The St. Lucie County Board of County Commissioners and the City of Vero Beach imposed harsh restrictions on touch-and-go landings, which the FAA now says were implemented without due process.

AOPA quickly wrote letters to the operators and the FAA in the middle of December decrying the limitations at St. Lucie County International and Vero Beach Municipal as violations of federal-funding agreements. The restrictions limited touch-and-goes to the hours of 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays and blocked all touch-and-goes on Sundays and federal holidays

Sweet!
I hate local municipalities (especially counties) that think they can do whatever they want. I hope the FAA sticks it to those Bstrds.

I fail to understand people who live near airports then complain about the noise. In the vast majority of cases, the airport was there long before the resident. Too bad for the residents I say!

I agree with you Surfnole. The County Commissioners were also the first to bitch, moan and groan, when the manatee protection slow speed zones were in place on the water ways, and the commissioners had too reduce the speeds of their big fancy yachts. What a bunch of hypocrites. If it affects them, they are the first to cry.

The good thing is that this has had ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT on our ability to do touch and go's, or any other practice.

It sounds like the city council in Vero was persuaded by a few whiners, then came back into reality.

from what i've been told, over here in Ft. P we only comply to the 9-5 limit voluntarily(i can't spell).

Back