Reservation Offices

Joshua949

Of course, I don't know about other airlines on this topic, but I do know that AA has reservation offices where if people call the phone # to book a ticket then they're going to get somebody at one of the airlines reservation offices.

Well, I just heard on the news, I don't know if anybody else knows this or not, but I heard on CBS that jetBlue doesn't have reservation offices. Instead, they have about 800 people who work at their own home booking reservations for people who call their phone # to book a ticket.

I think that is a neat idea, but I can see some problems with reservation offices & problems working at home booking reservations.

[ QUOTE ]
I think that is a neat idea, but I can see some problems with reservation offices & problems working at home booking reservations.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what problems do you see with it?

It was a great idea and is working great for them. A lot less overhead, which means money saved.

The home res agents at JetBlue use software developed by B6 CEO David Neeleman at Morris Air and WestJet. The system is called OpenSkies and Neeleman sold it to Hewlett Packard for a reported 22 million (part of the JetBlue starting capital). I don't know much about the actual system except it was one of the first eticket applications. It also allows for complete passenger/baggage tracking. Or something like that
smile.gif

Ethan

They had the JB CEO and he stated that the productivity increased more than 25% when they made the change. Another good point was that they did not have to ship the jobs overseas either.

Iruppert...Did you make your trip to MN? If so, where did you end up flying?

Of course problems with reservation offices would be if one whole reservation office lost power, then all calls would be transferred to other reservations offices & also that would occur with storms making road conditions dangerous to commute in so nobody would commute to a reservation office for work in a hurricane, etc.(other storms). There is more I want to say, but I dont have time.

W/O Reservation Offices. I can't remember the specifics about the problems that it creates b/c I remember hearing something about it a little while ago on the news. Not sure what the problems were though. I guess one problem could be homesickness...
crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Iruppert...Did you make your trip to MN? If so, where did you end up flying?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I did fly4free. I took the arrow down at 11500, got a 175 kt groundspeed so I was there pretty quick (1.4 for 245 NM trip). I flew into Flying Cloud Airport and right when I parked at Elliot, a former UND grad came and talked to me for a bit. He showed me his Navajo he flies for a company in WI, which was pretty cool. It was great that the mall is so close, so I went there and got something to eat then I went right back to GFK.

Where do you fly out of fly4free?

[ QUOTE ]
Where do you fly out of fly4free?

[/ QUOTE ]
I fly out of Flying Cloud. If you were to look across the open field from where you were parked (rw18) you would see Thunderbird Aviation and that is the place. The Warrior's that I did my PPL in are pretty old, but the maintenance is outstanding. Not once have I had to cancel for that reason. I am doing my IR training there right now in a C172. They have three that are basically new; two 2000 models and one 2003. All these new gadgets are a nice but more expensive change.

Back