required endorsements for initial CFI

muffinman

I sent in all my paperwork to the FSDO ( written test results, signoffs etc..) I got a call the other day saying that I was missing required signoffs.

I copied and sent my FIO written test sign off, CFI written test sign off (not required) my sign off to take the check ride and my spin training endorsement.

Beyond that I cannot find what else i am to have, I've searched 61-65E and the FARs and cant find anything else... Since he won't tell me because "I'm suppose to know being a CFI applicant" Anyone have any Ideas?

The complex and high performance maybe? But those are not required for this test, the commercial requires the complex is but since I sent a copy of my commercial certificate that should be enough..

I sent in all my paperwork to the FSDO ( written test results, signoffs etc..) I got a call the other day saying that I was missing required signoffs.

There are four signoffs:

1. FOI
  2. Flight Proficiency
  3. Spin
  4. Checkride authorization (61.39)

OK, I think I see what he is thinking.. the flight proficiency and practical test sign offs are combined in my logbook.

the flight proficiency and practical test sign offs are combined in my logbook.

That's ok to do, but make sure the "practical test sign offs" is the 61.39 endorsement, which includes three things: 1) checkride authorization, 2) required training last 60 days, and 3) retraining on the stuff missed on the knowledge test.

Back