Republitauqua is Loaning $35 Million to USAir.

Yep, cause lord knows those Texans are big conservationists down there, always trying to conserve everything, even vowels and spaces.
:)

True dat. I've never understood, though, why they'll preserve the life of vowels but will send apostrophes to the slaughter.

Just don't seem right to me, but I'm a yankee.

all_your_base.jpg

LOL! "Somebody set up us the bomb!"

AllYourBaseAnimated.gif

Ya'all are crazy...does anyone wonder how Air Wisky got so much flying years ago along with a seat on the Board at Airways??? By loaning them a crapload of money...

We've loaned them a tiny amount so they could pay down their main loan to get their cash on hand up to a certain point.

Gosh, you guys make me laugh.

And BTW...if a PHX base ever happened...on it like white on rice.

Ya'all are crazy...does anyone wonder how Air Wisky got so much flying years ago along with a seat on the Board at Airways??? By loaning them a crapload of money...

And I'd say the same thing about Air Whisky as I did about Republic. Unless Air Whisky ponies up more cash, I'm betting their days as a US Airways carrier are numbered, too.

Uh, BryBry gave them the same amount +/- and got a bunch of 170s and landing slots at LGA and DCA at the same time Air Wisconsin set up Eastshore Aviation.....

Uh, BryBry gave them the same amount +/- and got a bunch of 170s and landing slots at LGA and DCA at the same time Air Wisconsin set up Eastshore Aviation.....

Hey...don't get me wrong, I didn't disagree with some possible reasons for the loans, but I was simply pointing out that others have done the same with as good or better results.

And I'd say the same thing about Air Whisky as I did about Republic. Unless Air Whisky ponies up more cash, I'm betting their days as a US Airways carrier are numbered, too.

I doubt that...I also don't think our days were "numbered" or even close to being "numbered" as an Airways carrier...Airways needs all it's carriers right now. Maybe some restructuring will happen, but the only way we're gone is if they go under....which is obviously a possibility.

I think it has more to do with US Airways needs the money and they are RAHs biggest partner. BB will do anything to keep Airways afloat because Republic would be no more without Airways. If it takes a $35 Million loan to keep making the millions from them I think its worth it. Keeps people employed and best case scenario RAH gets the money back with interest and more flying. I don't think there is any problem with trying to help out the hand that feeds you when times are tough for them.

It will be benificial for both parties... How come some of you can't see that?

I think the higher ups at Republic are putting themselves in a very good position once the industry turns back around.

I doubt that...I also don't think our days were "numbered" or even close to being "numbered" as an Airways carrier...Airways needs all it's carriers right now. Maybe some restructuring will happen, but the only way we're gone is if they go under....which is obviously a possibility.

Re-read it. Never said Republic's days were numbered. I said Air Whisky's days were numbered.

AWAC's days are numbered because we're too expensive. Maybe if we could get some new contracts in place that closely matched ours we'd have a fighting chance of getting some more flying. Sorry that's my rant for the week.

PS I think AWAC's flying agreement goes until 2015 that is of course if US Air can last that long.

Back