Republic pulls jets out of Hawaii, Mesa stays

sharkey

kind of a big deal
http://www.kitv.com/money/21289333/detail.html

Republic is taking back it's 3 ERJ's and it sounds like they are partnering with Mesa to run their Vans they got when they absorbed Mokulele. Go! (Mesa) will continue to fly their CRJ's. Hopefully they will be able to keep Mokulele's ticket and gate agents since the majority of them came from Aloha after they went under.

I have no idea who owns our Caravans now, but we operate them under our own seperate 135 certificate.
Island Air also has go! Express flights so this could get confusing.

They only had a couple of jets out there in hawaii anyway, they had to lose money on this. They're just smart enough to get out before spending $200mil in hawaii.

It dosent make sense that Shuttle America can just let GO fly its routes on the mainland. Wouldnt they have to get approval from United or whoever else they fly those routes for? I could see it being a possibility if Shuttle was a branded operation but thats not the case here.

It dosent make sense that Shuttle America can just let GO fly its routes on the mainland. Wouldnt they have to get approval from United or whoever else they fly those routes for? I could see it being a possibility if Shuttle was a branded operation but thats not the case here.
Yeah its weird to me too. Those routes were given to S5 because UA wanted 70 seaters on the routes. If they wanted 50 seaters, wouldn't they just give the route to Mesa or Skywest?:confused: Well I guess technically this is them giving it to Mesa? Still confuzzled.

It's a typo. A stupid one, too. The RAH management actually got a call about it.

Back