Republic job offer for (Via PlaneTech)

CrippleHawk

For the record I am working for MESA Air Group as a mechanic at KIAD (Washington Dulles) for about a month and a half. I got a call from a PlaneTech individual. He told me that Republic Airways was looking for mechanics in the Pittsburgh Area

But in the end I politely declined. I did so because I do not understand why I should be moving from 1 regional to another.Yeah Yeah I know the bad things I hear about MESA, but in the end I do not care.

A regional is a regional to me. But any of you guys work for them? If so how is it as a company? Just curious....

As a former MAG guy, I can assure you that there is a difference in working for a regional other than MAG. Pay, hours, job stability, benefits, actually having parts to fix airplanes, actually having time to fix airplanes ... big difference.

As a former MAG guy, I can assure you that there is a difference in working for a regional other than MAG. Pay, hours, job stability, benefits, actually having parts to fix airplanes, actually having time to fix airplanes ... big difference.

You worked in KPHX by any chance? How was it and what was it like over there and where do you work now?

Based on my expierence working wherever HQ is always a bad expierence. My opinion.
BUt's that's another story.

As for me I am trying to get expierence before I move on.

I was a pilot for them, not a mechanic. I got to know quite a few of the mechanics over the years. None had much good to say about the company. Too many shortcuts, too much pressure to hurry things to the line so that MX sups can make a bonus, no parts, not enough guys, etc, etc.

It was bad everywhere.

Back