Republic Hiring Again

Can anyone comment on living in Indy? I know in this industry you have to be flexible with job locations but...doesn't seem like there's much there. Just curious.

Can anyone comment on living in Indy? I know in this industry you have to be flexible with job locations but...doesn't seem like there's much there. Just curious.

I lived there back in '98-'99. I loved it. All the benefits of a city living; none of the hassles. I'd go back if the opportunity presented itself.

I'm currently in Indy. The pastimes are football, basketball, racing, and drinking. Downtown is nice; lots of fun shops and restaurants, and it's very walkable. There's a fairly active arts scene if you're into that, along with quite a few local breweries. Outside the outer belt, the neighborhoods are pretty nice, especially to the north of the city (Carmel, Fishers). That's where the money lives.

Inside the outer belt, it's a bit rougher. There are plenty of decent areas, but plenty of not-so-nice ones as well. And a liquor store every 50 feet it seems. Traffic is not really a huge issue.

There are a number of parks close to the city and a lot of huge parks within an hour's drive of the city for when you want a break.

Personally, Indy isn't a good fit for me, but it seems how people like it depends largely on where they came from, what they're accustomed to, and where they live once here.

They called me today from my previous application, said they had one opening on the Shuttle America side. I called back and left a voice mail, guess I'll reapply.

Republic was authorized to add 2 more dispatchers in January. We are going to need more, since we have people who have taken opportunities elsewhere.

Here are the 3 things you need to know about living in Indy - Basketball, Basketball and Basketball.

Also make sure you like one of two color combinations - Black and Gold (Purdue) or Crimson and Cream (Indiana U).

Finally if you accept and move there, try not live to far south of I-70, For some reason the mentality level really starts to drop off.

Here are the 3 things you need to know about living in Indy - Basketball, Basketball and Basketball.

Also make sure you like one of two color combinations - Black and Gold (Purdue) or Crimson and Cream (Indiana U).

Finally if you accept and move there, try not live to far south of I-70, For some reason the mentality level really starts to drop off.
Mmm in this instance you'll be fine if you stick with Black and Old Gold. #BoilerUp

Back