Republic forms Joint Venture with Mesa!

Roger that. Say...anything else interesting being said in recurrent?? :):):)

PM me if you need to!

Not really. The FSDO is 100 yards from our new training center so the FAA is always poking around asking stupid questions and complaining about something. They sat in our class for the majority of the 3 days. Where the hell does the FAA find so many people who have zero personality?

They say that by next year CHQ's recurrent will be 1 day and that most of the stuff will be done online. :clap:

They say that by next year CHQ's recurrent will be 1 day and that most of the stuff will be done online. :clap:

What's the contract say on home study credit? Don't wind up like us and do 8-12 hours of home study for a whopping 4 hours of pay. And get it on top of guarantee. There's nothing like doing all that online recurrent stuff knowing you're doing it for free since you won't break guarantee for the month.

We're down to 1 day of recurrent and 1 day for CRM/security with our on-line stuff. Heck, the company loves on-line training. Never had a class on LIDO charts. Do this on-line thing and you're an expert! Wonder why guys are busting RNAV departures? Because their only training was a 5 minute powerpoint off the website. Winter ops is right around the corner. Watch this power point and take the test, and you're good to go! Doesn't matter if you don't REALLY understand how to read the contaminated landing chart. You passed the 5-10 question multiple choice test, so now the company can wash it's hands as it tosses you under the bus after an accident.

Bitter and distrusting of my company? NOOOOOO. :)

Not really. The FSDO is 100 yards from our new training center so the FAA is always poking around asking stupid questions and complaining about something. They sat in our class for the majority of the 3 days. Where the hell does the FAA find so many people who have zero personality?

Realllly. I, personally, am ok with online training because I'm a good self study, but I know that's not everyone's forte. What if there are questions? Can all that be covered in one day? Is the one day in class typically filled with stuff that needs to get done?? Sounds like threading the needle to me!

Realllly. I, personally, am ok with online training because I'm a good self study, but I know that's not everyone's forte. What if there are questions? Can all that be covered in one day? Is the one day in class typically filled with stuff that needs to get done?? Sounds like threading the needle to me!

The have to do Security and CRM at the training center. They think they can do everything else online. I dunno, I like the idea of not having to go for 3 days.

LOL what are the idiots expecting when you build a brand new facility that is right next to the FAA there. The FAA had always planned on moving their office from the airport over to Plainfield long before that new facility was ever built.... LOL RAH is the one who decided to put their new facility, which looks sharp from the outisde, basically at the feet of the FAA.... :)

We've been doing 1 day recurrent w/ online stuff and 1 day PC's for awhile now. Supposedly with the passage of this aviation bill we're going to 2 day AQPs because it will be cheaper than the other mandates. Don't quote me just something I heard at my PC. Not sure about ground school but I believe it will also go back to two days as well.

Back