Republic Airways

Lucas Silva

Hey, I have an interview coming up with republic airways on Feb 28 and was hoping someone could give me some hints on what they ask or what they want to see? Anything would help. Thanks!

wow, so one one else has interviewed...Well I finally did, so here ya go.
Everything leading up to the interview seemed to be very well managed. The initial phone call with an invitation to interview.
They send an email that was very detailed with a complete itinerary with flight information and hotel information.
Its positive space travel so that could be a problem. I did almost get bumped off my flight in a connecting city. luckily I didn't.

They put you in a hyatt place not far from the airport. Its a nice hotel but there is NOTHING near by as far as dining goes. There is a small menu of item you can buy at the hotel.
The initial email says they will send a second email with a corporate uber account so you can travel from hotel to the HQ. I got that email 4 hours after the interview was over.
No worries though as the hotel shuttle will take you to their HQ.
There were about 9 others in the group. A mix of CFI, Prior 121 and even a Military guy.
The day started with a presentation. it was basic rah rah stuff. said upgrades were around 2.5 years which sounded a little low. Ive heard its closer to 3-3.5.
It was funny they actually threw in a hit on skywest because of their double occupancy rule during training.
There was a "line captain" there that didn't seem like he wanted to be. he couldn't, or wouldn't answer some pretty basic question about what to expect in regards to schedules, and basically just talked about how HE liked to work his schedule.

after the presentation the captain and the other guy left. they said they would be in to call on people for the interviews. So it was a bit awkward, no addnl instruction or any other guidance just walked out. It took a while before the first person was called.

Once I was called they lead you into a small office. there is an HR person who ask basic HR questions and gives a 20 question ATP style test on a tablet. Why us, tmaat. The HR guys was nice enough. While I did the “test the CA glanced through my log book. Maybe three minutes if that. Wrote down TT and a couple other tunes and that was it. I had ca Happy who was at the presentation. He asked me one question about my current airplane, then asked me to read a metar.
I read it no problem, except for the three sets of 5 digit codes at the end. now sure maybe I should have known them, but its not something ive ever taught when i was activily a II or have ever used in the last 7 years of flying a turbine aircraft. But he seemed all to happy to jump on it and let me know I should keep up with changes.
Because I suppose the highest and lowest temp in the last six hours is so incredibly important.
the whole make you feel comfortable and not asking "gotcha" questions...not this guy.
Next was to brief a jepp approach, i haven't used a jep in 6 years but its an approach no big deal.
again he jumped on the RVR requirement which has a (1) next to it (TDZ or CL out column) and showed the exception below. Which is fine I didnt brief it but i didn't need to, as the weather per the metar didn't facilitate it, we could do the full rvr numbers. Plus Im pretty sure the E170 has an autopilot and FD so we could still do RVR18.
I was told prior 121 needed to go before a review before an offer was made, but i didn't get any warm fuzzys from them. Ca Happy he even said if i was a 1500 hr cfi they could make an offer...?

Later at the airport heading home I ran into 3 of the guys who interviewed. a CFI, a 135 turbo prop guy, and the military guy. The CFI was the only one who received an offer. all three of us with prior experience had the same feeling that they didn't seem interested in anyone with turbine prior experience.
Not sure, im still waiting for additional info.
all in all, the support people we met all seemed wonderful to deal with. all of them. only the interview its self, im still a little puzzled by it, felt like they weren’t even interested in talking.

Last edited:
Sounds like some fun people to fly with. :ooh: They have to realize BOTH parties are being interviewed. Maybe they viewed you 3 as potential trouble makers as opposed to the CFI who’s just happy to get out of a 172

wow, so one one else has interviewed...Well I finally did, so here ya go.
Everything leading up to the interview seemed to be very well managed. The initial phone call with an invitation to interview.
They send an email that was very detailed with a complete itinerary with flight information and hotel information.
Its positive space travel so that could be a problem. I did almost get bumped off my flight in a connecting city. luckily I didn't.

They put you in a hyatt place not far from the airport. Its a nice hotel but there is NOTHING near by as far as dining goes. There is a small menu of item you can buy at the hotel.
The initial email says they will send a second email with a corporate uber account so you can travel from hotel to the HQ. I got that email 4 hours after the interview was over.
No worries though as the hotel shuttle will take you to their HQ.
There were about 9 others in the group. A mix of CFI, Prior 121 and even a Military guy.
The day started with a presentation. it was basic rah rah stuff. said upgrades were around 2.5 years which sounded a little low. Ive heard its closer to 3-3.5.
It was funny they actually threw in a hit on skywest because of their double occupancy rule during training.
There was a "line captain" there that didn't seem like he wanted to be. he couldn't, or wouldn't answer some pretty basic question about what to expect in regards to schedules, and basically just talked about how HE liked to work his schedule.

after the presentation the captain and the other guy left. they said they would be in to call on people for the interviews. So it was a bit awkward, no addnl instruction or any other guidance just walked out. It took a while before the first person was called.

Once I was called they lead you into a small office. there is an HR person who ask basic HR questions and gives a 20 question ATP style test on a tablet. Why us, tmaat. The HR guys was nice enough. While I did the “test the CA glanced through my log book. Maybe three minutes if that. Wrote down TT and a couple other tunes and that was it. I had ca Happy who was at the presentation. He asked me one question about my current airplane, then asked me to read a metar.
I read it no problem, except for the three sets of 5 digit codes at the end. now sure maybe I should have known them, but its not something ive ever taught when i was activily a II or have ever used in the last 7 years of flying a turbine aircraft. But he seemed all to happy to jump on it and let me know I should keep up with changes.
Because I suppose the highest and lowest temp in the last six hours is so incredibly important.
the whole make you feel comfortable and not asking "gotcha" questions...not this guy.
Next was to brief a jepp approach, i haven't used a jep in 6 years but its an approach no big deal.
again he jumped on the RVR requirement which has a (1) next to it (TDZ or CL out column) and showed the exception below. Which is fine I didnt brief it but i didn't need to, as the weather per the metar didn't facilitate it, we could do the full rvr numbers. Plus Im pretty sure the E170 has an autopilot and FD so we could still do RVR18.
I was told prior 121 needed to go before a review before an offer was made, but i didn't get any warm fuzzys from them. Ca Happy he even said if i was a 1500 hr cfi they could make an offer...?

Later at the airport heading home I ran into 3 of the guys who interviewed. a CFI, a 135 turbo prop guy, and the military guy. The CFI was the only one who received an offer. all three of us with prior experience had the same feeling that they didn't seem interested in anyone with turbine prior experience.
Not sure, im still waiting for additional info.
all in all, the support people we met all seemed wonderful to deal with. all of them. only the interview its self, im still a little puzzled by it, felt like they weren’t even interested in talking.

That’s true. They only want new CFI’s and easily manipulated people. They gave me that same review board line also. I interviewed with “Sugar Shack” who was very rude to me. I wanted to come across the table and -itch slap his a$$, butt he probably would have enjoyed it.

What's sad is they don't have the huevos to simply tell you tbnt to your face. Like I said I was pretty impressed with them for the most part. It's to bad...for them.

What's sad is they don't have the huevos to simply tell you tbnt to your face. Like I said I was pretty impressed with them for the most part. It's to bad...for them.

Consider yourself lucky if you get a response at all.

I've interviewed at a place (NOT IN AVIATION) where they brought me in twice (once for HR, and then about a week later for Management) and they said they'd let me know by a certain date. Date came and went I heard nothing. I called, and they said "We are planning to notify applicants in a couple days". Okay, great.

Couple days went by, nothing. Waited until the following week, nothing. Called again.... put on hold indefinitely. Weird. Called back and left a message. No returned call. Called the next day and it went straight to VM like someone silenced me. Oh well, ef it. If they call, then its a miracle. If not, ef em.

Turns out that particular company ticked a lot of current employees off so they left and started a better business and the company I interviewed at got sued and a visit from the IRS. Karma is a biscuit!

Back