Republic Airways Flight Training Academy

I know the person in charge of this program. That person is a former dean of the aviation department of a community college and also a former Republic Captain. They are using new cirrus aircraft, so there is a commitment from the company. It should be a quality program as far as the flight part training goes, considering the management and equipment. I won't speculate on the finances, I don't know anything about that.

They fly Diamond not Cirrus

I heard they are installing vacuum flush toilets in the Cirrus so you can log more of that uber valuable time for the majors

A flow to a regional.... Not to be a di*k but that isn’t really an advantage whatsoever. Every regional is hiring and the standards have never been so low, so just watch out for the gimmicks of these places. They just want to lock you in to their pipeline. Now if they footed part or all the bill it would be a justifiable move, but as is I say you’re better off just getting the ratings on your own. You will also notice all flight schools are looking for CFI’s now too, and some pay a hell of a lot better than ATP.
Counterpoint:

By the time you have the 1500 hours, we may well be facing a radically different aviation industry.

Counterpoint:

By the time you have the 1500 hours, we may well be facing a radically different aviation industry.

Maybe, but as you and I both know this industry is as cyclical as it gets. It’s really not in the greatest interest of a new student pilot to get locked into only one airline in the current state of the industry. Republic is doing this just to get people stuck via contract in a pipeline, if they really cared they’d cover at least a percentage of the costs knowing they are quite high.

Maybe, but as you and I both know this industry is as cyclical as it gets. It’s really not in the greatest interest of a new student pilot to get locked into only one airline in the current state of the industry. Republic is doing this just to get people stuck via contract in a pipeline, if they really cared they’d cover at least a percentage of the costs knowing they are quite high.
tenor.gif

Back