Rental Rate on M20S Eagle?

Super Decathalon I would rent cause its an acro aircraft. 182 because it can actually hold 4 people.

And an M20S Eagle :drool:, I would because it will turn a 4 hour trip in a 182 to a 3 hour trip, costing me the same money as the 182 did. But remember, most don't fly light airplanes with all four seats full. It's a trip airplane.

And an M20S Eagle :drool:, I would because it will turn a 4 hour trip in a 182 to a 3 hour trip, costing me the same money as the 182 did. But remember, most don't fly light airplanes with all four seats full. It's a trip airplane.

That's kind of how this will be "sold". We figure the cost of a 1 bag of fuel trip in the 182RG and this will be equal... but this will do it faster. Anything beyond 1 bag of gas this airplane will be cheaper on the per trip basis. The owner does not really care about making money on it... just wants to see it fly more than 20 hours a year. It's a complicated story. For example, it has a nice paint job, but is going to the factory for a new one. Hey, it's his money, he's a good guy, so I don't begrudge the way he spends it.
Probably the other "sale" will be for those who want to do instrument training in a nice platform and in challenging places. In one day of flying it can make it to California; Phoenix; Dallas. Could also go such places as KAXX, KSAF... lots of great and challenging approaches that would be in easy reach. We shall see. I don't have to make the payments, so it's not my problem.

Back