Rental car and hotel discounts?

For hotels I mostly use the ID90 Travel app. All inclusives I like Perx. I use interline travel for cruises. Don’t sleep on the apps like Priceline, hotels.com, Expedia, etc. I compare all the apps with each other. You get pretty good rental car rates through those apps. I hear Costco has very good rental car rates as well.

Marriott code TVL for the Travel Industry Rate but be careful sometimes the regular rate is better.

AOPA offers discount codes.

My airline has some codes with a few rental car companies.

id90 and perx is great for discounts on cruises, resorts, vacations.

I've had mixed success with staying at a layover hotel on the company rate for a leisure stay.

ticketsatwork.com is great for tickets to attractions and events if your employer participates.

ALWAYS compare ANY travel site vs booking direct, the price is sometimes the same or cheaper when booking direct. And when booking direct you will always earn points if they have a loyalty program, if you book thru a third party this may not be the case.

For hotels I mostly use the ID90 Travel app. All inclusives I like Perx. I use interline travel for cruises. Don’t sleep on the apps like Priceline, hotels.com, Expedia, etc. I compare all the apps with each other. You get pretty good rental car rates through those apps. I hear Costco has very good rental car rates as well.

Like Jordan93 mentioned above I've had a lot of luck with Costco, especially on one ways. Sometimes they won't save you much at all, but when I was actively using it there were more than a few one ways I saved on with I think a few of the savings being in the 40 to 60 dollar range. I did book an Avis for two weeks once when rates were really high like 5 years ago and the weekly rate was under a 100 a week cheaper with Costco, if I remember right it was like the difference in 350 vs 250. You also get an additional driver for free with Costco so that can be nice.

Anyone have experience using Turo for rental cars? Good/Bad experience?

I've used it, worked great for me. There's a few people on there who only purchase cars to put them on Turo so it can kind of be like going through a rental company. I had one car that smelled of smoke, though I'll admit I only use it for interesting cars though. Haven't used the cheapest cars yet.

Anyone have experience using Turo for rental cars? Good/Bad experience?
Out of necessity. Clinton was in town campaigning for the weekend. The poopy 3.5 cylinder Nissan's types were around $200/day.
I discovered Turo and was happy with it.
I haven't tried it again, since there are a lot of protections my credit card gives me, that I don't think covers turo rentals.

Back