Rent a plane near New Orleans

swisspilot

Those anybody can guide me towards a Flight School/FBO/Private Owner in the New Orleans area where I can rent a single engine four seater: 172 or PA28 (or anything else of that size/price range). I`m heading to New Orleans in October with a friend of mine and we are looking at doing some flying (10-15 hours), I will be also getting my SES...

Any cool place to fly to around there for a day trip/100$ burger?

I found a 141 that rents PA28s archer model but they are a bit expensive..

any help is appreciated

Alex

Alex, if you wanna make the trek to the Northshore you can rent a Warrior from Fly by Knight at HDC. They range from 117-123/hr depending on model.

Where you getting your SES? I know a place in New Orleans.

Alex, if you wanna make the trek to the Northshore you can rent a Warrior from Fly by Knight at HDC. They range from 117-123/hr depending on model.

Where you getting your SES? I know a place in New Orleans.

I`m looking at getting my SES with Southern Seaplane, any other suggestion? Not sure if we are gonna have a car or not, and driving up there may cost us more then just stick with the metropolitan area airplane rentals....do you fly in LA? any cool place to fly to?

Alex

SS is where I had in mind. Worked there. Good people.

I fly 135 outta HDC. Stay south of I-10 and land. Then go get yourself some good Cajun food. As for a specific recommendation, go to LFT and eat at Poche's. C'est Bon!

If you make it to LFT, I'd recommend T-Coons, for crawfish Étouffée. Another place to visit is ARA Acadiana Regional. The FBO on the field serves a good Cajun meal right on the field for cheap. You might see some cool military planes that flew there from anywhere in the country for the meal. I saw an AN 225 there once.

If you want to go East I recommend KJKA.

I`m looking at getting my SES with Southern Seaplane, any other suggestion? Not sure if we are gonna have a car or not, and driving up there may cost us more then just stick with the metropolitan area airplane rentals....do you fly in LA? any cool place to fly to?

Alex
If you want to do something different, go out to Kramer while you're doing your float rating. Bout a 35 minute flight in the super cub. As far as going somewhere in a land plane, can't really think of anything special.

KARA also has a seaway landing. I tried to land there once in a 172. I was doing my Inst X-country dual, I shot an NDB to there broke out and started lining up for the runway and my instructor was "dude, where you going, the runway was over there." I was still high up and far away and aimed for the first runway looking thing I saw, which was the parallel waterway not the runway which was parallel to it.

Back