Remote Controlled Plane

SkyGirl

I recently got a remote controlled airplane and have been unsuccessful in flying it. I read the instructions fowards, backwards and everywhich way, all to no avail. Several friends, both pilots and non-pilots, have tried it out and still no luck. I contacted the tips hotline and that wasnt too helpful either. I am beginning to wonder if there is something wrong with the plane itself and not the 'pilots'. So, does anyone have one of these mini-monsters? If you know any tricks on getting it to stay in the air please let me know. Thanks!

Happy Flying!

I own two of remote control planes. Your best bet is to join a flying club and let one of the more senior members teach you how to fly it or your just going to be crashin' and burnin' , flyin a remote control plane is not like flying a real plane. Just like flying a cessna on flight simulator is not like flying a cessna for real.
Smokey...........................................................................................................................................................

I used to fly them, until I realized I had spent 2 grand in repairs from my bad landings. Is it not starting or what, not getting off the ground, if I get a little info I might be able to help you out.

Is it a cox job?? They are pretty useless - radio bad, underpowered, etc. Go to your local flying club and get a experience RC pilot to help you out - they will be more then willing and I am sure they will give you suggestions to get your aircraft airbourne.

I wreck, rebuild, wreck, rebuild, wreck and most recently rebuilt one of these:

HAN1475-250.jpg

Bought one of these to "train" myself how to fly, but ended up eventually losing it in a canal:

hbz1500-250.jpg

Thanks so much for the suggestions. My plane is not that fancy. My sister picked it out and it's a little Cessna model. Now I just have to find a flying club and hopefully Ill have the thing in the air before she finds out.

Happy Flying!

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, the old firebird XL, I also have one of these park flyers.
Smoke.....................................................

I am building a Guillows P-40 warhawk balsa kit with nanoservers and rigging it to be R/C. I figure alot of the fun is building it....It is my first attempt and if it crashes and dies, There is no proof that all my ribs and stringers were not perfect. Sorta like cooking and eating the ugly cookies.
wink.gif

I flew R/C planes for many years and was an instructor at our club as well. I strongly suggest that you have someone teaching you. If you don't, you are practically guaranteed to crash almost immediately. If you have a decent instructor, you shouldn't crash until much later after you're signed off. But you will still crash, eventually, often due to equipment failure. That's a given with R/C models!

[ QUOTE ]
Have you seen the A-10 park flyer?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the next plane I plan on purchasing. I currently have a Stearman 55"wingspan, AT-6 Texan 44"wingspan, Corsair 59"wingspan.

Back