regional day schedules

speedbird

Is anybody aware of any regional airlines, large or small whose schedules operate Mon-Fri with very little or no weekend schedule? Even if its night freight/courier. I saw Doug's example with an almost "9-5 Mon-Fri" schedule which was interesting.
If anyone knows of/flies for/work for any of these airlines can you list them in a reply?

[ QUOTE ]
Is anybody aware of any regional airlines, large or small whose schedules operate Mon-Fri with very little or no weekend schedule?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say that is somewhat of an oxymoron.
tongue.gif

oxymoron it may be if you disect it like it was chaucer, but i am not aware of any, so after watching the example Doug gave, I was wondering if anyone else knew of any. It quiet interesting to me

[ QUOTE ]
oxymoron it may be if you disect it like it was chaucer, but i am not aware of any, so after watching the example Doug gave, I was wondering if anyone else knew of any. It quiet interesting to me

[/ QUOTE ]

To be real honest, unless you're extremely high in seniority, I think a regional (or major airline) schedule that is M-F with no weekends and 9 to 5 is about like finding a duck-billed platypus wandering the streets of Livermore, CA.

[ QUOTE ]
is about like finding a duck-billed platypus wandering the streets of Livermore, CA.

[/ QUOTE ]

There actually was one on the streets that escaped from the zoo a few years back...

So there's a chance
wink.gif

LOL

There are two chances of permanently getting weekends off at regional airlines. Slim and none.

Even the mgt pilots are on call on the weekends.

I think a good rule of thumb is this:

Any days that you really want to get off, are usually the days when the general public like to fly!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
is about like finding a duck-billed platypus wandering the streets of Livermore, CA.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I've always wondered what it would be like to eat platypus meat....

Well, you could always just work your way up to a position in management. At our company management pilots (ie. Chief Pilot, Director of Training) work a 9-5 schedule, and when they fly, they do so on weekdays.

Or if you just get senior, you could bid for weekends off. Most (if not all) of the senior guys and gals at my company fly like Mon-Tues-Wed or Tues-Wed-Thurs, and always have Friday/Saturday off.

Back