"Regional Airline Pilots: Welcome To The Rest Of Your Career

Re: Horizon is Wacky

Could you imagine a situation where the airlines are pulling down record profits, a la oil companies right now?

The public would demand action by the gubment to bring prices down.

It'd be ####ing ridiculous.

You mean like this?

Delta Air Lines Reports December Quarter Results And Calendar Year Highlights; Quarterly Earnings Exceed First Call Consensus Estimate

DECEMBER 1999 QUARTER CONSOLIDATED RESULTS (excluding gains from the sale of investments and non-recurring charges)

CALENDAR 1999 CONSOLIDATED FINANCIAL RESULTS

(excluding gains from the sale of investments and non-recurring charges)

Record Diluted Earnings Per Share of $6.94

Record Operating Revenue of $15.1 billion

Record Operating Income of $1.8 billion

Net Income of $1.0 billion

????

Kevin

My post was primarily meant in jest. . .but I'm sure the Joe Twelepacks in the world, when they are getting nickle and dimed and are paying an appropriate fare for services rendered would want to revolt against the industry for "price gouging."

Re: "Regional Airline Pilots: Welcome To The Rest Of Your Ca

PVD, MHT, GSO, MYR, BUF and I believe PIT all had 737s flying them (at least 1 flight a day) and were directly replaced by Q400 flights, and lost all mainline service. CMH, YYZ, DCA and RDU have lost some mainline flights to the Q400.

PWM, RIC, ORF, BWI, IAD and YUL were previously just RJs (last year), but saw 737s a while ago.

CAL would NOT be cutting as many 737s and have less furloughs if the Qs were not in the system.

Anyways, back on topic, are you telling me EWR-PVD, BUF and MHT were exclusively mainline routes and now exclusively Q400 routes?

Just as exclusive as ATL-DCA ATL-LGA and ATL-PHL are exclusively RJ.

Lost mainline flights are lost mainline flights. I dont know why 'exclusive replacement' is a big deal for you.

Re: "Regional Airline Pilots: Welcome To The Rest Of Your Ca

PVD, MHT, GSO, MYR, BUF and I believe PIT all had 737s flying them (at least 1 flight a day) and were directly replaced by Q400 flights, and lost all mainline service. CMH, YYZ, DCA and RDU have lost some mainline flights to the Q400.

PWM, RIC, ORF, BWI, IAD and YUL were previously just RJs (last year), but saw 737s a while ago.

CAL would NOT be cutting as many 737s and have less furloughs if the Qs were not in the system.

But... Butt...

The Q doesn't replace mainline flying! It's not a real threat!

Even if it does steail mainline flying, "big friggin' deal".

Back