Regional Airline Academy

Lucky

I am looking for information about Regional Airline Academy in Deland Florida. Are there any current or former students that can give me their thoughts? I saw the ariben thread, but it was just a PFT battle. Not sure is the PFT thing is still going on there or not. That aside. any info about the training, wait for standz ect would be appreciated. Sorry for posting on the general thread, but i didnt know where else to post.

The only info I have is from a long while back when I asked for a brochure from the website, biggest mistake ever! That damn guy called me about everyday for 2 weeks, telling me how bad all the other schools were, and how good his was. I told him I could care less about his school, and just wanted a price, but that basterd wouldn't quit calling.
mad.gif

Needless to say, I didn't even think twice about that school, and if I ever run into that jackass, its not gonna be pretty

Anyone that markets their service like that, is bad news.

[ QUOTE ]
That damn guy called me about everyday for 2 weeks, telling me how bad all the other schools were, and how good his was.

[/ QUOTE ] I Remember that being part of the reason, he was even calling my girlfriend, (caller id) and was trying to get her to sign papers for me.

Same guy kept calling me too, I had asked for information from their website and for the next few weeks he kept calling me.
Recently several of their instructors were hired at Colgan Air, and had to pony up the training costs themselves ($18k on the Saab).

I've never given out my real # on a website since, I just give em- eight six seven five three ooh nine.
grin.gif

Should I give them my number and see what they say when they call me?
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Should I give them my number and see what they say when they call me?
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be darn entertaining to hear that conversation, you should do it with a fake name then post what he says.

Regional airline guy: Yeah buddy, in just a few short weeks after graduation Delta will probably call you for an interview. I've seen it happen. Now what was your bank account # again?

Doug Taylor: Oh, reeeaaaly, very interesting! Man I should b**ch slap yo ass
grin.gif

i got the same thing a few years back. the calls never quit! that is until i told him i was broke. he didn't seem to care about my career anymore after that. interestingly enough, when i finally did move to florida to begin my flight training, i took a job doing line service at DED which is where they are located. so, i ended up fueling planes for that jackass! i talked with many students while fueling and surprisingly enough all most all of them love the place. their planes are pretty nice. at that time they had 2-152's, 1-172, and around 10 warriors with a couple of senecas. i think they have more planes now. this was about a year ago. it seemed to be a lot better operation than TAB in my opinion. although you don't get all that king air time. from what i saw i would recommend the place. it is pricey though.

Do you guys think I should? This could be pretty entertaining!
smile.gif

"Shouldn't I fly in a Piper because it's got throttles more like a jet?"

What would be funny is if we found some CFI who was a real jackass and drove his students here nuts. Then you go and take a discovery flight, act like you don't know the first thing about flying, and when he gets condescending, you say, sorry, haven't flown anything with a prop in years!

[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys think I should? This could be pretty entertaining!
smile.gif

"Shouldn't I fly in a Piper because it's got throttles more like a jet?"

[/ QUOTE ]

DO IT Doug
grin.gif
, and don't forget to mention ATP, he loves to talk trash about them.

I almost forgot, that jerk even left an EMERGENCY message for me once(that was the last straw). My girlfriend had me paged at work, so I get on the phone, and she tells me some Regional Airline called for me and said it was an emergency.

I'm confused at this point, Regional airline calling??? I'm thinking, maybe it was Skywest calling about my internship. So I hurry and call to find out what the deal was, and BAM "hello, this is so and so at Regional Airline Academy! You've gotta be friggin kidding me, I thought this was an emergency call. It Is our, next class is starting soon and....STOP CALLING ME you beepity, beep, beeep, beeeeeper, and your Beep, Beeeeeeep school!!!! SLAM.

Never heard from him again, True Story! I can laugh now, but I was pissed at the time
grin.gif

The funny thing about them is that RAA put up a billboard at the Sanford airport on the street that most people take to get to DCA. I look at it every day when i go to school and I laugh.

Back