Referral list is out for PUBNAT 7!!!!!!!

Actually...it has been known to happen that someone listing states with absolutely no chance of hire (i.e. states that will not be represented at panels) have been excluded from the list.

Hopefully that is no one this time, because you all put "throughout the nation" in your comments section...right?

Where is the list posted at?

Thanks

Do we know the e-mail address the e-mail comes from?

Thank you:)

I don't know if the address changes or not, but I would rather refrain from posting an internal address in public view. In any case, especially if you use Gmail, just add "faa.gov" to your "Never count as spam" filter list. I even have mine get gold stars and have the label "FAA" pop up when I get an e-mail from anyone there. :)

It's possible, but unlikely. They probably will not even look at your age, but if they do, they might be nice enough to rush you.

The moment you get the offer email (if you get one) decline the PEPC route (unless of course the PEPC is before your birthday) and start calling your rep like crazy to try and schedule your traditional route interview for before your b-day. At a PEPC, you sign your TOL right there. Traditional route, you have to wait a while after the interview. It must be signed before you turn 31. Be sure to advocate for yourself and it just might happen.

Thanks so much. I was thinking that something like that might be the case...me petitioning for a faster process. I just wasn't sure who and what to ask for. Thanks for the clarification.

I don't know if the address changes or not, but I would rather refrain from posting an internal address in public view. In any case, especially if you use Gmail, just add "faa.gov" to your "Never count as spam" filter list. I even have mine get gold stars and have the label "FAA" pop up when I get an e-mail from anyone there. :)
I always wondered what the 'Gold Star' did....I always click on it by accident when I go to delete something.

I use gmail and never had any problems receiving anything from the FAA.

I'm using Yahoo, and that concerns me...:whatever:

I just added this filter to my gmail account. Looking at Yahoo, you can do something similar (it just takes a couple more steps). Once you're in you inbox, choose "options", then "mail options". Then on the left, choose "filters". Then, just click "create or edit filters". Once you're there, you can add faa.gov in the "from" area, and choose "move to inbox" (or any other folder) to be sure it doesn't accidentally go to spam.

Just in case there are any hotmail users, choose "options" then "more options" then "safe and blocked senders" and "safe senders". Here's where you'd add faa.gov.

Hope this helps. Finally, my time as tech support for Sony is coming in handy...

You kno...I didn't change anything with my account filters and blocked settings and the Geo Pref came right to my inbox without any problems. So, I am a little wary of changing anything.

Here's to some good news!

zz :)

I just added this filter to my gmail account. Looking at Yahoo, you can do something similar (it just takes a couple more steps). Once you're in you inbox, choose "options", then "mail options". Then on the left, choose "filters". Then, just click "create or edit filters". Once you're there, you can add faa.gov in the "from" area, and choose "move to inbox" (or any other folder) to be sure it doesn't accidentally go to spam.

Just in case there are any hotmail users, choose "options" then "more options" then "safe and blocked senders" and "safe senders". Here's where you'd add faa.gov.

Hope this helps. Finally, my time as tech support for Sony is coming in handy...

VERY NICE!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! :beer:

You kno...I didn't change anything with my account filters and blocked settings and the Geo Pref came right to my inbox without any problems. So, I am a little wary of changing anything.

Here's to some good news!

zz :)

I didn't have to change anything, but since Gmail picks up on those fake career ads every now and then, I didn't want an e-mail with the subject of "
Employment Inquiry – (my name) T01130" to end up in the spam folder and me never know it. :)

Hello. Congratulations to everyone. I have a question though. I turn 31 at the beginning of December. I applied to 7 thinking what the heck, let's see what happens. Is it safe to assume that they will probably see my age and the tight timeframe at panels next week and not select me or does anyone on here think there is hope that they might find a way to fast track me to a TOL if they want me.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Officially, you've got to get an offer letter before your 31st birthday. There have been a few that have slipped through the cracks and have been able to sign an offer letter after they turned 31, but don't expect that to happen.

By all means, if they schedule a PEPC before you turn 31, then that's what you need to do. I went traditional route (and actually got a class date before many who went to a PEPC, FWIW) and was able to get an interview relatively quickly, but once the HR reps send the interview lists out to the facility closest to you to do the interview, it is really out of their hands. Usually the assistant to a local ATM is responsible for scheduling them. Some are on top of things and get them scheduled quickly, and there have been some where it has taken people a month or two to hear anything.

But whatever you do, if you do get selected, make sure your rep knows when you turn 31. That was the ONLY way I got an offer letter in my hands before I turned 31.

Congrats to everyone who got selected for the list. This weekend keeps getting better.
I got on the list and I got married on Saturday. Awesome.
Now, :beer: here's to some more good news coming soon.

Congrats to everyone who got selected for the list. This weekend keeps getting better.
I got on the list and I got married on Saturday. Awesome.
Now, :beer: here's to some more good news coming soon.
Congrats GT! I will drink to that!

Back