Red Rocks?

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
I'm about 95% in right now so I figure I'll post the yearly (at least years I've gone) side trip out to Red Rocks to go hiking. It's a nice escape from the Strip for a few hours and it's absolutely gorgeous out there. The plan would be to head out there around 11am on Saturday (so you can sleep off your friday night hangover), stop at In-N-Out for some Animal Style lunch and be back by 4pm so you can go back to your hotel and put your face on so you can be the prettiest girl at the dance.

I've got 3 (maybe 4 seats if there is a little person going) in my car. Who's in?

Some pictures from previous years:

The whole group in 2007
Vegas2.jpg

Vegas3.jpg

LAS10.jpg

Vegas1.jpg

A much smaller group in 2008. Me, tonyw and Captain_Bob. Good time though until we ran into the giant spider.
LAS2.jpg

How long (distance) hike you thinking? I've been more into biking lately, wondering if there was and mountain bike rentals out there.

How long (distance) hike you thinking? I've been more into biking lately, wondering if there was and mountain bike rentals out there.
I was out that way a couple months ago and in the nearby small town of Blue Diamond there was a mountain bike shop with rentals. There were also wild burros running around all over the town. It was pretty cool.

I was out that way a couple months ago and in the nearby small town of Blue Diamond there was a mountain bike shop with rentals. There were also wild burros running around all over the town. It was pretty cool.

The riding isn't bad out there. It's not Utah or Colorado singletrack, but it's certainly passable.

I'm about 95% in right now so I figure I'll post the yearly (at least years I've gone) side trip out to Red Rocks to go hiking. It's a nice escape from the Strip for a few hours and it's absolutely gorgeous out there. The plan would be to head out there around 11am on Saturday (so you can sleep off your friday night hangover), stop at In-N-Out for some Animal Style lunch and be back by 4pm so you can go back to your hotel and put your face on so you can be the prettiest girl at the dance.

I've got 3 (maybe 4 seats if there is a little person going) in my car. Who's in?

Some pictures from previous years:

The whole group in 2007
Vegas2.jpg

Vegas3.jpg

LAS10.jpg

Vegas1.jpg

A much smaller group in 2008. Me, tonyw and Captain_Bob. Good time though until we ran into the giant spider.
LAS2.jpg
can I ride with you?

I went hiking up there last month. They have been having some serious issues with taggers and litter bugs. Hopefully they have cleaned it up some. Nothing pisses me off more than vandalism.

Watch out for spiders....I am digging around looking for the picture which I took of the big furry creature that Ethan, Ed, Todd, and I came upon during the trip last time. I think we took the phallic road (don't ask, look at the map) and then hiked up to La Madre Springs (sp?).....

The spider was up near La Madre Springs. That's the hike I'm thinking of doing again. It was really nice up there.

I totally forgot about the Phallic Road!

Back