Red Bull Air Race Plane Crash In Perth Pilot Adilson Kindlem

ap23ap

Perth, Australia – After what has been a dramatic day in the history of the Red Bull Air Race World Championship, several of the pilots expressed relief for the safe rescue of Brazilian rookie Adilson Kindlemann

Re: Red Bull Air Race Plane Crash In Perth Pilot Adilson Kin

holy crap. glad to see he survived it (and actually seems to be just fine).

looks like just pulling a bit too hard and got the plane into an accelerated stall (notice the shaking/buffeting)...

good on him for getting the wings level before it hit the surface. could have been disasterous to cartwheel it....

[yt]HqoGccfEthY[/yt]

I'll bet that got his heart rate up!

holy crap. glad to see he survived it (and actually seems to be just fine).

looks like just pulling a bit too hard and got the plane into an accelerated stall (notice the shaking/buffeting)...

good on him for getting the wings level before it hit the surface. could have been disasterous to cartwheel it....

[yt]HqoGccfEthY[/yt]

It did in deed look like a stall. Glad he is O.K.:beer:

Man that slow motion part was interesting to watch. It almost seem like something broke in the middle.

I think you're right, the slow motion segment shows it pretty clearly.

It stalled at a extreme bank angle and high G load. Over rotated past knife edge, unloaded to recover from the stall, and had no time/altitude to recover.

Glad he made it!!!:) Airplanes are like doritos, they'll make more.

It looks to me like as the plane stalled it started to enter a snap roll (or a level spin). But, the plane fortunately did not have enough altitude to continue the roll and impacted wings level. Of course, the pilot could have intentionally kicked the rudder to level wings making it look like it snapped.

Honestly, I think that even though he pulled to hard, he still did everything right. Had he relaxed the stick to get out of the accelerated stall, like was posted earlier, I think he would have cartwheeled. I think we have another Sully on our hands.

Back