Recommended reading from our chief pilot

Yeah - whatever. . .I'm really not a huge fan of the man behind the curtain. Although, maybe that's because I haven't been through recurrent ground training yet - otherwise you wouldn't know that he is a real human being as opposed to someone who sends out e-mails.

I don't know man. . .whatever. COMAs reducing, might see them again in January and February. . .but if fuel shoots up again, vaporization of block hours. . .*shocker!!1*

Just come to work, enjoy it, and go home man. But I'm going to be pretty damn pissed off - not that it'd really matter - that is if this little link is suppose to be some sort of cruel hint of foreshadowing coming down from the A-Tech Center. You know. . .

Here guys, read this "The industry is in bad shape" piece, at least then you'll understand better why we're sending you to the street.

Gee - Thanks.

I hope I'm wrong, but. . .whatever. I just think it's in bad taste to be honest. We're pilots, we live this industry . . . I'm pretty sure we can keep a pretty good pulse on what the hell is going on, we're not idiots.

I just think it's in bad taste to be honest.

That was my thought....wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but seriously.

Then again, I've really enjoyed my September, consisting of one LOFT, two naps and an unofficial 7 day vacation out of state that only required rearranging days off. Min pay really isn't all that bad that way! ;)

And a little lower in the article:

getAsset.aspx

Don't you just want to slap him?

Here guys, read this "The industry is in bad shape" piece, at least then you'll understand better why we're sending you to the street.

Gee - Thanks.

I hope I'm wrong, but. . .whatever. I just think it's in bad taste to be honest. We're pilots, we live this industry . . . I'm pretty sure we can keep a pretty good pulse on what the hell is going on, we're not idiots.

I dunno. Maybe it's because I'm on the 700 and fly with more of the older "ASA lifers" but I have found there are quite a few guys who ACTUALLY come to work, enjoy it, then go home. Obviously they know that the industry is not in good shape, but a large number of guys either don't know what is going on with any carrier other than ASA or only have some crazy off the wall rumor.

Sorry to disrupt your "OH MY GOD THE SKY IS FALLING" party but I think you are reading into something that isn't there.

I dunno. Maybe it's because I'm on the 700 and fly with more of the older "ASA lifers" but I have found there are quite a few guys who ACTUALLY come to work, enjoy it, then go home. Obviously they know that the industry is not in good shape, but a large number of guys either don't know what is going on with any carrier other than ASA or only have some crazy off the wall rumor.

Sorry to disrupt your "OH MY GOD THE SKY IS FALLING" party but I think you are reading into something that isn't there.

Now now. . .everything was fine until that last sentence.

You're not disrupting any party, so don't flatter yourself. ;)

I really enjoy the part where JO states that he has pilots wanting to come back. I about barfed up my cereal.

Based on this and every other article I read about mesa, it sounds as though they will be in a world of hurt come early next year, even if they keep the delta flying. They still havent gone to court over the Aloha lawsuit either. Now that mesa ran Aloha out of business they may be able to settle the lawsuit for pennies on the dollar to Aloha's creditors though. Anytime a CEO says "were gonna have to get creative" in regards to debt its not a good thing.

Bankruptcy is their last option, at least until the delta lawsuit is heard. Their contract with Delta has a bankruptcy protection for either party to void the contract if either one files.

Either way its gonna be ruff times for all the regionals out their.

JO personally sent that article in a companywide e-mail. I thought it was strange, as I didn't think the article really painted a pretty picture for Mesa.

Don't you just want to slap him?

Yeah really, I love his quote too. It's almost as if he's in denial about the oil situation. He really thinks it's a problem thats just going to go away! Either he's in denial or out of touch...either way I glad he's not at the company I work for.

He probably just sent it with the same intent that any one of us might send an article. "Hey check this out..." Noting really new there, but it did seem to be a good summation of the small-life provider industry.

Notice how good various management guys are at identifying the problem, but no one has any idea about what to do about it? If all it takes to be a ridiculously overpaid manager (vis-a-vis their overall effectivesness in sloving problems and making money), is just to identify the problem, sign me up!

Back