Recommended flying time.

Adam4884

Hey Everyone
I have a question about flying time for a PPL. What is the recommended number of times per week to take lessons. Due to money and time I am having to wait every other week to take a lesson, and I feel like I forget alot in that period of time. I am starting to wonder if I should just wait until the summer when i'll be off of school, hence having more time to fly, and I will have more money saved up to.

Whats your opinion? Thanks in advance.

Adam
smile.gif

In my opinion, once every other week is definitely not enough. I recommend to my students to fly at LEAST once a week, and I'm seeing best results if people fly 2-3 times a week.

Ray

You are wasting money right now. Wait until the summer and try to fly two or three times a week.

I'll go with the others. I specialize in people who can only take lessons once a week (if they're not away on a business trip). I tell them that it will take longer and cost more. But because of career and family responsibilities that's the only way they can do it.

If you can save up the money during the year and be able to fly 2-3 times a week in the summer, that's =definitely= the way to go!

Once a week is good enough until you get maybe 75% of the way through. When you are getting ready for the checkride you need to minimize the number of days between flights.

I recommend holding back a little until you are more sure of the money. If you blast through it all at once you are more likely to get through it near the minimums.

Thanks guys...I've pretty much been told that by everyone.
I am still going to go up on Friday just because I have that urge to go into the sky for about an hour
smile.gif
I do plan on telling my CFI that I am going to hold off until the summer.

Thanks again for all the advice guys, I really appreciate it!
As I start studying my aviation books, don't be suprised if I come on here asking questions about the material i'm reading
smile.gif

Adam

Dude! I just noticed you are in Charlotte. I am too. Where are you going to school and flight training?

Adam, I suggest reading and studying now... then by summer you'll know a lot and will be able to understand and concentrate more on flying. Just for fun, you can keep flying every other month or so until summer!

As a CFI, I secretly enjoyed the once-a-weekers. It meant it was going to be a long road of gauranteed income for me! Drumming up new students was the worst part of that job!

[ QUOTE ]
Dude! I just noticed you are in Charlotte. I am too. Where are you going to school and flight training?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...I was wondering where in NC you live. I actually live in Gaston County.
E-mail me offlist at adam4884@homtail.com
I am taking lessons at the Lincoln County Airport in Iron Station.

Adam

[ QUOTE ]
Adam, I suggest reading and studying now... then by summer you'll know a lot and will be able to understand and concentrate more on flying. Just for fun, you can keep flying every other month or so until summer!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks thats what I am planning on doing. There are not any good schools if any at the college that I will be going to. It's up high in the North Carolina Mountains.

But I do plan on still taking some lessons whenever I'm home like on break or something.

Again, thanks everyone for all your responses and advice.

Adam

Back