Recall Date!!

MDPilot

Ok guys, got the call yesterday. Good news - my furlough recall date is 1 Dec. Bad news - no aircraft or training assigned. So I get to sit at home and gather a paycheck I guess. But at least it's a step in the right direction. Drinks on me!!!!

Congrats
grin.gif

Hey Mike!

I got your message last night! Woo hoo! I hadn't turned on my cellphone since monday so I did'nt know it was there until I put it on the charger!

Yeeeeeeeah!! Congrats!!

[ QUOTE ]
Ssssssssweeeeeeet man, Congratulations . Which airline?
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike's flying the Del'duh southern'jets just like me!

Hey, isn't sitting home aand getting a paycheck better then going to work and getting a paycheck?? I am so happy for you! It makes me sad how many of you are going through this waiting with no income!

Oh, I'm not complaining! The other question is, what do I do about the job I just started 3 weeks ago. My plan right now is to continue working here until such time as a training date comes through. Could be a while, and a lot could happen in world events in the meantime. It's even possible another "war emergency" could occur, and BOOM I'd be furloughed again without ever really coming back.

If it were me, I'd honestly keep the job until I had a schedule in my hands to go back to the airlines. Can't hurt to have double income for a few months, save it all just in case it happens again!

I agree - keep what stability you have till delta comes thru with a date, plane and time for your training to start!!

Congratulations - that is absolutely the awesome'est news i've heard all week!!!! Let's hope it keeps continuing!!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The other question is, what do I do about the job I just started 3 weeks ago. My plan right now is to continue working here until such time as a training date comes through.

[/ QUOTE ]
Confucius say, bird in hand worth two in bush. Paychecks from both is just gravy (soak up with a nice dinner roll.....).

Congratulations! While jumpseating I had heard that the recall was going to be without actual flying, but hey, a paycheck is a paycheck!
grin.gif

Excellent news!

I have a friend who was furloughed from the 737-200 back in March (I think). He is 19 away from being recalled at Delta and very excited..... Too bad he missed out this time but I guess it won't be too long until he's back in the sky now..........heaps cool...happy for all u guys going back!

Will we see another nice large bunch going back to Delta once the other 5 777's and some more 737's are delivered next year???
confused.gif

Great news, buddy! And I'd say, keep the other job, especially if you're not going to be flying. You probably had to take a pretty nasty hit in your income, so you may as well try to build your savings back up.

[ QUOTE ]
Excellent news!

I have a friend who was furloughed from the 737-200 back in March (I think). He is 19 away from being recalled at Delta and very excited..... Too bad he missed out this time but I guess it won't be too long until he's back in the sky now..........heaps cool...happy for all u guys going back!

Will we see another nice large bunch going back to Delta once the other 5 777's and some more 737's are delivered next year???
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

DL has no 777's or 737's scheduled for delivery next year. The first scheduled deliveries DL has are for 19 738's and 2 777's in 2005. Of course, this schedule can be accelerated (DL has options it could exercise for 2004) or deferred as conditions dictate.

Congrats on getting recalled. It would be great if these recalls weren't simply to replace the large number of retirements, but in this environment you can't be picky.

Congrats MD. And welcome back to the Widget flying those suuthern jets. Oh yeah just think you get that good speedline food at the training center. They closed the one on A- concourse.

WooHoo 727 FE pay! A recall is a recall
smile.gif
Hope they don't put you through the same company sunshine being blown up your a*s that I had to go through when I got recalled to AA last year.

"We're so glad you're back"
"It's great to see you guys coming back"
"You all mean so much to us"
"We've really missed you all"
-AA management at recall class
19 March 2002

"Unfortunantly, due to the continued drop in passenger demand, and the restructuring of our routes and aircraft, you will be furloughed effective 13 October 2002."
-AA management after the announcement of the new company business plan.
17 August 2002

Back