Reality?

gromm44

I live in the NYC metro area and have a family. I would like to be home as often as possible, possibly every night. I think I would make 135 a career if I could do this. How likely is it? If so, how long to get there? and where is the best place to start? Thanks.

It will be hard to be home every night" part 91 seems to be better with time home because the company is the only one using the airplane.

What Mike said. Start with the UPS / FedEx feeders. I know Wiggins and Air Now are somewhere in the NE region.

I also live in NYC area. If you want to make 135 career check out Feeders like Wiggins and Mountain Air they have many EWR runs flying Cessna 208. Pay starts off at 30s and tops off at 55. Mon-Fri weekends off lots of free time to work a second job or side busniess. I have researched this well

Thanks, I'll look into the feeders. ( if anybody knows of any others let me know) . I'll also look into part 91 , ( although I heard its very difficult to get into )

I live in the NYC metro area and have a family. I would like to be home as often as possible, possibly every night. I think I would make 135 a career if I could do this. How likely is it? If so, how long to get there? and where is the best place to start? Thanks.

If you aspire to 135 flying TurboJet aircraft plan on spending 10-18 nights a month away from home. Turboprops will keep you home more, but not every night, generally speaking.

You may be right. I'm not looking for the perfect balance of family and fly, but I would like to try to maximize. I'm gonna go bother the part 91 guys a little bit. Thanks for all the input.

Thanks Polymox, it's something to consider. (if you get called enough to make a little something)

Might as well ask, how often do you get called when on reserve? So you are saying its usu not for the whole trip? just the leg from base?

Back