Reality TV comes to .... the airlines?

BoDEAN

A&E will look into the lives of a Southwest Airline crew when "Airline" premieres Monday, January 5 at 10:00/9:00c with back-to-back episodes. The half-hour series, which has an 18-episode commitment, "showcases the ups and downs of passengers who board Southwest flights at the bustling Los Angeles International (LAX) and Chicago Midway airports, as well as the staff and crew -- from the pilots to the hard-working check-in staff and supervisors who are often on the receiving end of angry customers' wrath," according to a network press release.

DAMN I wish we had cable!!
mad.gif

Discovery wings has been doing london heathrow on "airport" lately. not bad but more customer service and security than actual airplanes. Anyone seen the learning to fly show on Disc wings? PRetty funny stuff...

[ QUOTE ]
Discovery wings has been doing london heathrow on "airport" lately. not bad but more customer service and security than actual airplanes. Anyone seen the learning to fly show on Disc wings? PRetty funny stuff...

[/ QUOTE ]

I thinkt the "Airport" show shows a good look at all the behind the scenes aspects of how an airport and airline works. Its not just airplanes and pilots.

The show "learning to fly" is funny at times, but I wish I had an instructor that good. He really explains things well, encourages when needed, and "punishes" when needed.

Its hard to believe that we all made those "learning" mistakes when we were young aviators. If I had video of me learning to fly, it would be hilarious. I still make dumb mistakes. Flying is a neverending learning process.

I'm still upset they picked MDW over MCO for the SWA show. (yes, I can use more acronyms if ya want me too). But, we only have our own people to blame here. Lots of "look at me" antics when A&E was here I think turned them off. Still be nice to see, though.

Back