Realistic Quotes.....

Man you guys, now FSI REALLY sounds like the place to party, I meant train
grin.gif
! Still, can't wait. Start Sept.- Jan. with PPL in hand.
Will probably need a good tour guide to lead me on the local short x-cty watering hole trips
smirk.gif

See you there,
Blue Skies

When I visit my cousins in Vero we always end up at Chili's drinking 2 for 1 and eating that Caso dip....mmmmmmmmmmmm dip

[ QUOTE ]
I have a friend who started there at the end of August with his private. He started Step 2, and went all the way through CFI/CFII/MEI. He finished end of April. I don't know what they quoted him for time, but he worked hard and sure didn't waste any time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really .. can you find out what kind of schedule he had ?? I wouldnt mind doing more work in order to finish earlier
smile.gif

He got a flexible instructor and flew 6 days a week. And studied his ass off. Other than maybe flying early mornings to avoid T-storms, you don't really need any special schedule to do it, you just have to give it 110%.
smile.gif

That is a very reasonable timeline. I started in early February of 2002 with the private audit (had private and about 90hrs). I finished the commercial multiengine instrument program around June 15. I had to wait until the end of June for CFI ground to start. I did my single-engine add and started my CFI flying during the month long CFI ground school. I finished my CFI August 25 and about 250hrt TT.

If I remove the two week wait for CFI ground to start and several nearly week long weather delays from June and May I could have finished a month earlier. I was not racing I was just treating training like a job. I flew through every ground school and put in an 8-10hr day at least six days a week.

The FSI timelines are really slow (I was scheduled to finish the commercial/multi/inst in mid September 3 months after I had completed it). I think they expect you not to fly in ground school and to take two days off a week and have a vacation or two in there. You can go at your own pace so if you treat it like a job and work normal days you can cut the times way down.

Back