Real-time chat?

Acrofox

All dragon~
This is a rather stupid question, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any resources out there for real-time interaction for flight instructors, pilots, students, etc. I don't have any local aviation buddies, and sometimes I really think it'd be awesome to have a "study buddy" near the same knowledge level to quiz back and forth with, or perhaps a student pilot to practice teaching on (I'm hold an AGI cert, working on my CFI... and would also love to practice teaching.)

I can't help but think something like this should exist, and should have existed long ago to just provide some form of real-time chat for pilots, flight instructors and students... but I've never heard of such a thing.

-Fox

Picture 1.png

Probably right under our noses.

Before the new board we used to have an aim chat randomly

Now the site has a chat but is rarely used. I'd gladly join and help out anyway I can

Oh that is bizarre. I THOUGHT there was a board chat, but I spent ten minutes poking around last night and couldn't find it. Now I look down and it's right there.

durr.

I suppose that's more or less what I was looking for, active or not.

Thanks fellas.

~Fox

Make a Google Hangout and post an invite in the Lav about 11pm on a Saturday night and you can practice teaching aerodynamics to a dozen drunk bored regional and cargo pilots.... should be good training.

Make a Google Hangout and post an invite in the Lav about 11pm on a Saturday night and you can practice teaching aerodynamics to a dozen drunk bored regional and cargo pilots.... should be good training.
Are you saying pilots drink by themselves on Saturday nights? Or that we're just too poor to go out?

Oh that is bizarre. I THOUGHT there was a board chat, but I spent ten minutes poking around last night and couldn't find it. Now I look down and it's right there.

durr.

I suppose that's more or less what I was looking for, active or not.

Thanks fellas.

~Fox

Oh that's alright.

Ever since the update it seems that no one uses it :(

Sent from my TRS-80

Some of our guys tried using the chat feature, but it got ugly in there so we bailed. Maybe not a fair test trial period but thats why we didn't go back. No such problem in CFI corner though, so this has been a good resource for us.

Back