Real or Fake? (photo)

Skinnah

AA.jpg

It's from flight sim right? Sorry to ruin it
grin.gif

It looks almost real... but the shadows and clouds give it away

Has anyone seen the picture of a UAL plane supposedly flying under the Golden Gate Bridge? I'm wondering if that one is fake.

Not an expert on the subject here but I believe the only 777's to employ raked wingtips are the -200LR and -300ER; which have yet to enter service. The reflections make the plane itself look pretty realistic though.

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone seen the picture of a UAL plane supposedly flying under the Golden Gate Bridge? I'm wondering if that one is fake.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean this one? I'm pretty sure it's fake...

Yeah that UAL one is definitly fake. The shadow isn't defined enough for it to be real. It also has lighting problems i think, they arent the same in the bridge pic and the plane. Maybe even a little proportion problem.

Kostcoguy

[ QUOTE ]
Fake.

767-400 wings with a 777 tailcone section!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Doug, I think Boeing is putting raked wingtips on the 777-200LR and -300ER models. According to the Airliners.net aircraft data and history; first flight for the -300ER was this past February, and first delivery will be to Air France in March 2004.

The -200LR was launched in 2000, but delayed until 2006. Boeing claims it will be the longest ranging airliner at 16,417km (8865nm) - 18 hours flying time.

And if you're like me and can't see the photo that FlyIllini06 posted; it's on this page: World Aircraft Carriers List Photo Gallery Aviation Oddities Part IV: Really Wierd Stuff

The site's owner is probably trying to prevent remote access to the image; I had a similar problem in another thread...
crazy.gif

I wouldn't be able to walk after spending 18 hrs. in economy class. My knees kill me after being crammed in the back of an RJ for an hour and a half.
crazy.gif

The RJ is slightly more cramped then your transatlantic configurations - but still 18 hours is a DAMN long time.

[ QUOTE ]
The RJ is slightly more cramped then your transatlantic configurations - but still 18 hours is a DAMN long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially when you've got the middle seat between two morbidly obese people and the kid in back of you keeps kicking the seat and throwing up the whole time, and the IFE is Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey...

Yeah, I thought it was fake. I figure there'd be some kind of disturbance in the water from the wake of the plane and the engines but there is none.

[ QUOTE ]
Fake.

767-400 wings with a 777 tailcone section!

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh... isn't that a DC-10?

Back