Rausda got the hook up

frog_flyer

FredFlyer
Rausda27 offered many moons ago to get me some sim time at FSI if I ever got out to ATL. I finally made it out last night and got to dink around in the CRJ700 and King Air 200.

In the CRJ we started out at ATL at C23. I made a drunk-like taxi to 8R and did the donkey balls 3 departure, I-can't-recall transition. We went up to 280 and just about immediately started our descent into CLT. The poor passengers didn't have any air because we turned the APU off after departure and did not turn the engine bleeds on. Sorry, grandma. PS, VNAV is freakin' cool.

Did a landing or two there, dinked a little more, and then headed to the King Air. We flew from KDAL, and eventually made our way to DFW as soon as the sim displayed the airport. Rausda failed his engine on final and apparently forgot that you can feather a prop! ;)

Hanyway, Dan put me up in the Quality Thug Airport Inn. Dan insisted on paying for a hotel for me. As he drove off, he could see me walking in my door from the outside, and yelled to me "Make sure it locks from the inside!" He called me 10 minutes later to ask if I had found a dead hooker in the room yet. Nice.

Then I walked around the motel looking for the 2 stews that Dan said were hot. Didn't find em, but I did find some homies playing dice behind a fire barrel, and some guys freestyle rapping in the lobby. Gotta love Atlanta. It's very nice on the inside though. I slept through my first 3 flights and finally managed to get out of bed. From hotel bed to airplane seat in 33 minutes. Beat that!

Anyway, I thought I'd make this post to officially thank Dan for his hospitality and for being an awesome dude. I was originally supposed to get in around 745, and didn't arrive until after 9pm due to AA's usual shenanigans. We dinked around in the sim until after 11pm. Poor Mrs. Rausda27.

Thanks again, Capt. Winters.
Winters%20Band%20of%20Brothers.gif

Three things I learned

1) Apparently the Baconator is the bomb
2) Never give up the opportunity to meet a fellow JC'er. Every time I do, I am reminded what a great group of people we have around here
3) FF is a great guy with lots of enthusiasm and a amazing sense of humor

Sorry I put you up in a crappy hotel. I used to stay there when I was a commuter and it was alright back then. I guess things have changed.

Great meeting ya finally!

Three things I learned

1) Apparently the Baconator is the bomb

Great meeting ya finally!

Did you try it today?

Good to meet you too, man. I'd stay at the QI again, I'd just not stumble around with a beer looking for stews at 1am!

Thanks again.

Rausda27 offered many moons ago to get me some sim time at FSI if I ever got out to ATL. I finally made it out last night and got to dink around in the CRJ700 and King Air 200.

In the CRJ we started out at ATL at C23. I made a drunk-like taxi to 8R and did the donkey balls 3 departure, I-can't-recall transition. We went up to 280 and just about immediately started our descent into CLT. The poor passengers didn't have any air because we turned the APU off after departure and did not turn the engine bleeds on. Sorry, grandma. PS, VNAV is freakin' cool.

Did a landing or two there, dinked a little more, and then headed to the King Air. We flew from KDAL, and eventually made our way to DFW as soon as the sim displayed the airport. Rausda failed his engine on final and apparently forgot that you can feather a prop! ;)

Hanyway, Dan put me up in the Quality Thug Airport Inn. Dan insisted on paying for a hotel for me. As he drove off, he could see me walking in my door from the outside, and yelled to me "Make sure it locks from the inside!" He called me 10 minutes later to ask if I had found a dead hooker in the room yet. Nice.

Then I walked around the motel looking for the 2 stews that Dan said were hot. Didn't find em, but I did find some homies playing dice behind a fire barrel, and some guys freestyle rapping in the lobby. Gotta love Atlanta. It's very nice on the inside though. I slept through my first 3 flights and finally managed to get out of bed. From hotel bed to airplane seat in 33 minutes. Beat that!

Anyway, I thought I'd make this post to officially thank Dan for his hospitality and for being an awesome dude. I was originally supposed to get in around 745, and didn't arrive until after 9pm due to AA's usual shenanigans. We dinked around in the sim until after 11pm. Poor Mrs. Rausda27.

Thanks again, Capt. Winters.
Winters%20Band%20of%20Brothers.gif

Always come strapped and carrying a shank when near a dice game!

Sounds fun minus the hotel experience. But hey, that was pretty realistic for the regional life style. I'm thinking your passengers had some air back there or on the way up to 280 you would have dropped the rubber jungle and gotten some nice EICAS messages. Also, no VNAV on the CRJ. We have an advisory snowflake, but that's it. Supposedly the -1000 will have VNAV as well as RNP approach capabilities.

Hell, we told the thing to cross some intersection at 250/12K and it did it. To my understanding, that's VNAV.

I'm just a lowly 200TT PPAMEL though.

Put the crossing restriction into the FMS and used the advisory VNAV and VSI indicator to make the restriction...

Fun regardless..

. . .btw. Since you were once really big into grammer, spelling punctuation and ####. Shouldn't this thread be titled:

"Rausda hooked me up."

"Rausda got me the hook up."

You know since Rausda hooked you up, and not the other way 'round?

:p

. . .btw. Since you were once really big into grammer, spelling punctuation and ####. Shouldn't this thread be titled:

"Rausda hooked me up."

"Rausda got me the hook up."

You know since Rausda hooked you up, and not the other way 'round?

:p

As in, Rausda had the hook up to distribute. He then distributed it to me.

pwnt?

I was gonna see if you wanted to split a hooker with me last night. I lost your number though, and you weren't on JC/AIM.

Wouldn't have done any good - as much fun as that would have been - I was well on my way to meeting my alcohol limit last night. :rawk: :nana2:

Check PM for the new digits comrade.

Also, no VNAV on the CRJ. We have an advisory snowflake, but that's it. Supposedly the -1000 will have VNAV as well as RNP approach capabilities.

Technically it's still considered VNAV, just not coupled VNAV. With the right requirements met, you can still get approval to shoot RNAV approaches down to VNAV minimums in the CRJ.

Dude, I'm like 1.5 hours away, you didn't even call!

I'll get to Chattohoochichangonookie sometime man. Hold your horses.

Or you can just come to Fort Worth and buy me some chicken Wangs.

That reminds me, I need to listen to some toadies.

Back