Ratings and the Academies

[ QUOTE ]
I've actually spoken to a guy who's curently attending the MHCC Pro Pilot program. To my surprise, he financed his room, board, college, and flight training costs for about $70,000. Not that much less than an academy, aside from the degree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy Crap I had no idea its that expensive. Plus MHCC doesnt even do any of the flight training its all done by Eagle.

What about ATPs they are at Salem arent they. I've met one of their instructors (sixpack on jetcareers)

[ QUOTE ]

Holy Crap I had no idea its that expensive. Plus MHCC doesnt even do any of the flight training its all done by Eagle.

What about ATPs they are at Salem arent they. I've met one of their instructors (sixpack on jetcareers)

[/ QUOTE ]

There is an ATP location in Salem. (Though they advertise it as Portland. Guess Salem isn't good enough for 'em!)

However, the ATP offered here is, I understand, only for their "10 Month Program". They don't do the accelerated bit. There's only something like seven ATP centers in the US that offer the accelerated program. Salem's not one of 'em.

quote tag fixed

I had my PPL and had my gen ed classes all taken care of BEFORE I started. I would say having that much done is the number one rule before starting flight school.

I could justify paying that much money for advanced training and flight classes, but I could not justify paying that much money to take an English class and getting a PPL.

Im suprised that so many of you started attending acadamies after already having their private and instrument. Why the decision to throw down all the $$$$$ so close to having the commercial done?

I had 126 hours when I started at FlightSafety. I agree with others that say it is nice to have outside experience. It helps you to see what is truly important, and what is just red tape. (Wrapping the tie downs in a neat circle being of the red tape variety.)

Having a variety of experience will make you a better pilot, IMHO. I was extremely happy with my training at FSI though. Now that I am in the Great White North, I find myself thinking of lots of schemes to get back to Vero. Doesn't the snow ever melt????

Grayson

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't the snow ever melt????

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope, nothing like getting a snow storm in April
grin.gif
Ah well, I guess it's nice having four seasons.....isn't it?

I had a private pilot license and around 70 hours before I got ripped off at one of the academies.

Back