Raised Flight prices Again

spitball32

Just thought youd like to know price of the aircrafts are up again

c172 $106
Piper Arrow $ 127
Piper Seminole $ 201

Instructor $45/hour

I'm really starting to get fed up with these monthly price increases. I don't belive that they are solely the result of increasing prices especially considering the frequency of the increases. It was just July when the prices were raised last, how much could costs rise in such a short period of time. Thank god I'm almost done with my ratings.

Dang! The C172 was $50/hr back in 1993 I believe.

Yow!

Man and I thought Sierra was expensive! The prices for your single engine aircraft are pretty steep compared to ours but they're close. But at least your multi aircraft rates are cheaper ours is $225 an hour in a Duchess w/o instructor. Instructor is $38 an hour.

Dang!

I'm starting to think that I should go pick up a 172 and a Seminole, grab some furloughed airline pilots and start a flight school at reasonable rates!

Who's in? haha!

WOW, that's expensive! I'm not in a 141, but our 172's are $48 an hour, arrow for $76, and an aztec nearby with full deice and radar is $189 - all are rented wet.

Yeah the flight school gives us a lot of excuses like they are having trouble finding the parts or the parts are very expensive to replace so they keep increasing the prices every year!

About two years ago they said they were only going to temporarily increase the prices because of the rise in gas prices but they kept the price increase even after the gas prices fell.

And after 9/11 they took out the backseat of some of the C-172's to save money on insurance. Which I thought was funny.

Why does RIddle constanly raise prices??? I fly off campus but this jacks up the prices at my flight school as well. I heard the School president just bought a Citation X, is that true? or is it a rumor?

Doug, Just do it. The valley needs another reasonably priced, good flight school. I think the school I go to (sunbird) is owned by America West Pilots.

If I could land some venture capital and some other similarly-minded pilots, I just might!

The only problem is that I don't know the first thing about running an FBO.

No, the President isn't getting a Citation X.

The rumor was that he is getting a Citation 3 as an upgrade from his current Citation 2, but the president's office is denying it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are just keeping it on the hush hush until the purchase goes through though.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Dang!

I'm starting to think that I should go pick up a 172 and a Seminole, grab some furloughed airline pilots and start a flight school at reasonable rates!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called ATP!
Just a jab at an old post..............

Back