RAH Interview

Keep pluggin away man! Don't give up. Apply everywhere and see what happens! Wish you the best. From on CA guy to another!

That was a long time ago and I wasn't there long. Good group of pilots and FA's but getting screwed on my lines 2 of 3 months and seeing my line go to someone junior to me and then the cost of trying to live in SYR plus send money home just wasn't working.

I enjoyed the flying, learned a lot, and screwed up plenty. Looking back, I was too green.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I guess the point is that I'm not hurting for work. I'd like to put trucking behind me but if it doesn't work out, I can always rent.

I am in a similar situation. I would love to put executive recruiting behind me and focus only on flying. But I need a position that either allows me to live in SAT, live in DAY, or pay over 55k a year from day one for me to relocate elsewhere. So only option I see is Regional Airline as I can commute and suppliment my income with savings until I move to the left seat.

It is tough to work recruiting full-time and to also fly the Baron on my corporate contract and also teach as well. I work 6 to 7 days a week (5 days recruiting and 1 or 2 days flying). I am getting burned out quick trying to keep my flying skills current while working another career. So hope I secure a position so I can get this transition to airline pilot started sooner than later.

And like you. Until then. I sit here making my 4k to 10k a month working Plan B until Plan A cooperates.

If you ever spinning wheels through San Antonio, give me a shout out and we'll swap stories over coffee.

I enjoyed the flying, learned a lot, and screwed up plenty. Looking back, I was too green.

The lack of glass cockpit/mfd experience might have been a contributing factor to your experience in the sim. It's a good thing to come prepared so you at least stay ahead of the sim. ATP offers 12 hours on the CRJ-200 FTD for $2495 and that will def. get you prepped for the sim ride + it will look good on your résumé. Something to consider next time you apply! With your current salary the $2495 shouldn't be too much of a hassle to come up with. Good luck!

The lack of glass cockpit/mfd experience might have been a contributing factor to your experience in the sim. It's a good thing to come prepared so you at least stay ahead of the sim. ATP offers 12 hours on the CRJ-200 FTD for $2495 and that will def. get you prepped for the sim ride + it will look good on your résumé. Something to consider next time you apply! With your current salary the $2495 shouldn't be too much of a hassle to come up with. Good luck!

Somewhere else, I said that I would NEVER spend a dime on that crap. I laugh at people that do this stuff, and wear uniforms to fly their Cherokee.

You also seem to want to comment on many of my posts when it comes to training and to entry level jobs. I'll just remind you of this one thing. All those things you want to comment on, and have no experience with....I've already did them years ago. I worked single engine part 135 VFR flying passengers. I've instructed and I worked part 121, so I might know what I am talking about beyond what I read on forums.

Spending money on training that you will get once hired is foolish. If you pay for a type rating its foolish, this RJ course is foolish. It also lets these carriers know that there are foolish people willing to take on more debt, to get training that should be provided by the carrier. So really all you are doing is screwing everyone that follows you.

So I will respectfully, as best I can, suggest you leave your European thought process behind and get with the program. Nobody in this country needs to be paying for training they don't need, types that should be provided by the carriers, and especially any thoughts of paying to fly for a carrier so you can get experience. I don't care how they do things in other countries, its not how we do things here.

So understand that when I say I'd never spend a dime on ATP's RJ course, or move 1/2 way around the globe to some third world commonwealth of the US for low pay, when I can get low pay jobs here, I mean it.

Don't contribute to the slide of this profession by buying training you shouldn't be paying for, working for crap wages in BFE, or paying $11,000 for what should cost $3000 just because you think it would be a cool place to work later. I mean really, pay me $11,000 and I'll maybe give you a job as a CFI? Sounds shady to me.

Well said. I also seem to remember at one point you did a sim eval in something old skool like a Frasca. MFD/Glass cockpit training would do more to hurt you than help in such a situation. UPS used a crap old sim back in the day, I think more to tick you off and see how you'd react to it. If you prepare yourself for sim evals in glass and wind up old skool, you're gonna be really sorry...

You also seem to want to comment on many of my posts when it comes to training and to entry level jobs. I'll just remind you of this one thing. All those things you want to comment on, and have no experience with....I've already did them years ago. I worked single engine part 135 VFR flying passengers. I've instructed and I worked part 121, so I might know what I am talking about beyond what I read on forums.

Spending money on training that you will get once hired is foolish. If you pay for a type rating its foolish, this RJ course is foolish. It also lets these carriers know that there are foolish people willing to take on more debt, to get training that should be provided by the carrier. So really all you are doing is screwing everyone that follows you.

So I will respectfully, as best I can, suggest you leave your European thought process behind and get with the program. Nobody in this country needs to be paying for training they don't need, types that should be provided by the carriers, and especially any thoughts of paying to fly for a carrier so you can get experience. I don't care how they do things in other countries, its not how we do things here.

So understand that when I say I'd never spend a dime on ATP's RJ course, or move 1/2 way around the globe to some third world commonwealth of the US for low pay, when I can get low pay jobs here, I mean it.

Don't contribute to the slide of this profession by buying training you shouldn't be paying for, working for crap wages in BFE, or paying $11,000 for what should cost $3000 just because you think it would be a cool place to work later. I mean really, pay me $11,000 and I'll maybe give you a job as a CFI? Sounds shady to me.

Ah, lol. Certainly not here to question your merits or previous experience or to hurt your ego in any way. You did mention you had some difficulties with your simulator eval, more so than with anything else. You did mention you had never touched a glass cockpit before and that it contributed to your overall preparedness. I was nevertheless not wrong in regards to that it could only help you. I respect your views about having to pay for something the airline should provide, but again, I was just going based on how you described your sim experience followed by them not offering you a job.

I also think you're stuck at the $11k post with Aerosim I did a few weeks back...for the record, I am not going there, and I am not paying $11k for a CFI program. I came on here asking others what their opinion was on their Part 141 structured CFI Academy and I quickly took the board's advice once I did some math myself and realized it would have been a stupid move.

And, yes, expect me to continue to comment on training and entry level jobs on this board, whether you're on them or not, because that is what I am interested in.

Finally, my idea was to give you a suggestion, and nothing else. Good luck with your job search.

In hindsight, I think if you fly their SIM decent, you will be just fine. I flew that thing like a donk. I'm a little annoyed by it, because their touchy box felt nothing like a plane and had a broken piece of equipment that would have grounded the plane. So, I guess if its really important to you to land a job at RAH, I'd spend the grand on the SIM prep with ATP. I know it would have helped me.

That being said, I'd never personally spend a friggin dime on that crap, but its an option.

In bold are the keys top what I said elsewhere.

Somewhere else, I said that I would NEVER spend a dime on that crap. I laugh at people that do this stuff, and wear uniforms to fly their Cherokee.
would you ever consider this? Only $120/hr..... (once you get to Tampa Bay)
http://www.simcentertampabay.com/#!BOEING 737/cq9d

We used to have an JC'r that got us some sim time, he even got me some 717 time with instructor when in Long Beach years ago. [user]mpenquin1[/user] is the MAN!

I was thinking a cheap way to expose yourself to glass. Any local JC'r to help you out with a ride in some glass aircraft?

would you ever consider this? Only $120/hr..... (once you get to Tampa Bay)
http://www.simcentertampabay.com/#!BOEING 737/cq9d

We used to have an JC'r that got us some sim time, he even got me some 717 time with instructor when in Long Beach years ago. [user]mpenquin1[/user] is the MAN!
$120 an hour?

Good god, come over and fly for free, I'll even provide the beer or single malt.....

image.jpg
image.jpg

Back