RAH and Hawaii

The idea for go! was not to make a profit per se but to lose less money than having the CRJ-200s just sitting there. I think we've managed to fail.

The idea for go! was not to make a profit per se but to lose less money than having the CRJ-200s just sitting there. I think we've managed to fail.
That's not correct. We leased all those ex-IndyAir CRJ's just for go! JO really though he's just swoop in and squeeze Hawaiian and Aloha out of business. I swear to god he wouldn't shut up about it at our daily meetings. Heck you should see all the crap we went and bought a rock bottom prices to set go! up. It's all ex-IndyAir equipment. Of course we spent more money shipping all that crap over to Hawaii, the we spent buying it!

Guess we will wait and see. Although only 4 planes it seems like an xjet branded type of thing. That didnt work very well. Great product but fuel killed them in the end. Although the E170 can carry 64 pax (how they have it designed), it will take a full plane it seems to make these route come close to making money if not break even. Who knows, just seems like a risky venture.

It may be a risky venture, but not really too risky for RAH. Bedford keeps the company pretty covered in these situations. Most all of the risk is on Mokulele.

There's also nothing branded about this...it's the same agreement we have with Airways, United, Delta, etc......they pay us a set price whether there is 4 passengers or 64, and they pay for our fuel. When Bedford has our own certificate with Republic Airlines painted on the side, then we'll be branded!

So what's the longest running small lift provider in operation in the islands? Is it these guys?

Has any company lasted 10 years? Has any company that ventured into using jets to provide their "small" lift lasted 10 years?

What happens if Mokulele is out of business at year 5.5? Who wins?

How much more fuel does the 170 burn compared to the CRJs? I was always curious about that, if the 14 extra seats balanced it out.

Although compared to the CRJ its tons more comfortable, so it has that going for it.

What kind of crews. To the best of my knowledge these are just Shuttle America pilots and FAs going to hawaii and flying under the Mokulele name. I don't understand what you mean by saying "they" don't have the crews. We aren't selling them the planes.

I think Bedford has a plan that involves taking Mesa out of the picture. No proof but just a hunch... I think he figures if he can run Go! out of Hawaii then the airline will go BK and won't be able to get any sort of exit financing and thus be forced to liquidate. This obviously opens up alot of flying for everyone to pick at... And I can see him seeing Mesa as struggling thus making it an easy target. This is purely my own stupid reasoning... Take it for what its worth.

I thought they were going to snag mokulele crews

So what's the longest running small lift provider in operation in the islands? Is it these guys?

Has any company lasted 10 years? Has any company that ventured into using jets to provide their "small" lift lasted 10 years?

What happens if Mokulele is out of business at year 5.5? Who wins?
Pacific Wings is Mokulele's only major competitor. PW has been in biz longer and offers 90 daily flights while Mokulele has 56 daily flights.

At least you've found a place for the sweet gray airplanes. :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• E-170.jpg
    E-170.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 98
Back