RAH - 9/10

ComplexHiAv8r

OK, here is what I have @mtsu_av8er @SeanD @wildfreightess @desertdog71 @Derg @Maurus

Started promptly at 8am, one was late because he forgot which timezone he was in....DON'T DO THAT!
Did extra paperwork for DOT

Did ATP question bank first -20 questions 10 mins
NOTE: At least 4 different tests, neighbors didn't have same test
Mach Tuck
Dutch roll (I didn't have but another did)

What to do after a TCAS RA

basic aerodynamic

squall line question

Wonderlic Test - 12 mins as many questions as you can answer
Only judged on number correct to number answered. Skip the ones you have questions on. Told needed to answer x amount but didn't tell us how many.

Company overview
$5000 bonus
$20,000 training contract only on 170/175 aircraft
$400 a week first 4 weeks then guarantee pay (first year $22.95 /75hr guarantee)
SEAT lock as FO except Q400 at 2yrs, but has to stay on certificate so only move to 170.

90 min call out RVS 3am-3pm, most done night before
no airport RVS
no junior manning
11 days off RVS /12 days if holding a line each month

Showed a proposed $30 rate first year as part of offer to union. $35.xx second year. No cap out to 9 years. No mention of change in per-diem from $1.65 on offer to union

Benefits. Sounded like company paid for employee but not sure. Forgot to ask for clarification.

40 CS300 aircraft 2015 options another 40.
20 hrs IOE Q400. 25hrs E145. No mention 170 but 10 more if you get E190

Currently looking for RAH Q400 and CHQ E145. Mention of 170 class out to NOV.

401k match 100% first 2.5% first year. It goes up from there

Training. 10days IND INDOC. 4 weeks STL or HOU E145, missed where Q. Done at FlightSafety
Roommate during training

After 90 days in IBT 1 3/8 %. Have to be in good standing with union to fly.

Anniversary month $200 allowance for uniform. Told to buy more then one shirt!

Jacket / Hat on time changes.
HR interview
TMAAT Emergency
TMAAT stress in cockpit
Heard CFI's got TMAAT with a bad student
Principal aircraft flown
Why RAH
Why you
Agree to training contract repay
Acknowledge FBI background check
Tech Interview
What is CRM
Today's METAR for PHL
Brief PHL 9L or 9R (2 interviews going on each using different one)
Can we circle to land with today's weather
Lights at runway
Proceed ILS approach with VOR FAF if VOR inop
What if GS inop (other interview), still land with current weather.
Sim
Oh no sim today. It won't boot. Think power supply. Will be informed if passed first part and if so invited back for sim. One pilot asked since they did ATP RJ Course if that would count. Told they had a person fail the RAH sim even though they passed the RJ Course.

Other comments
Over half of the 11 today want the 170 (one wants the 190), commenting they can fly the 145 anywhere. Concerns on canceled Q400 flights and no cancelation pay at RAH on going to the Q. We had a few from every industry. Mesa, CFI, 135 hawker, caravan driver from Tanzania, and even a lowly part 91 Cirrus driver. A Russian that didn't want to talk much about background but mentioned flying 737 one time in Russia. One from Bolivia that admitted to never flying a plane with constant speed prop, current flying a hawker. Most seemed to be upper 20's and up. I'm not too sure if I was the oldest one there or not at 48.
I'm hoping to get the call to come back for the sim.

Anyone else interviewing there soon?

I did see @jtrain609 in ORD on my return, he was leaving on a flight out of the gate next to mine.

Sweet, congrats on the interview and best of luck with getting a sim callback. Im excited for yah man.

Started promptly at 8am, one was late because he forgot which timezone he was in....DON'T DO THAT!
To be fair Indiana is one of "those" crazy states when regarding time zones.

One pilot asked since they did ATP RJ Course if that would count. Told they had a person fail the RAH sim even though they passed the RJ Course.

Surprised, I am not.

Over half of the 11 today want the 170 (one wants the 190), commenting they can fly the 145 anywhere.

Let me guess. The guy wanting the 190 also was the one that paid for the CRJ course?

I hope you get the call and a good date for the sim considering your schedule for the week.

To be fair Indiana is one of "those" crazy states when regarding time zones.

Surprised, I am not.

Let me guess. The guy wanting the 190 also was the one that paid for the CRJ course?

I hope you get the call and a good date for the sim considering your schedule for the week.
If it is the guy I am know that was there the CRJ course is provided to ATP instructors after like 600 dual given. For those of us who accepted the conditional offer of employment from them ( right or wrong, good or bad) it does count as the sim portion of the interview.

Outstanding write-up! Hopefully you'll get the call! I'll comment below where I can, and hopefully I can help!

He's an idiot. The idea is to always let somebody else look like an idiot.

40 CS300 aircraft 2015 options another 40.

Not sure who we're gonna fly these for, but we have the options. . .

20 hrs IOE Q400. 25hrs E145. No mention 170 but 10 more if you get E190

170 IOE may be dependent on certificate. I know at Shuttle, it's 25.

Currently looking for RAH Q400 and CHQ E145. Mention of 170 class out to NOV.

There's a lot of awful, incorrect information out there regarding seat locks, etc. Make sure you ask somebody that knows WTF their talking about when you ask those questions.

Told to buy more then one shirt!

Buy many. You're gonna need them.

Other comments
Over half of the 11 today want the 170 (one wants the 190), commenting they can fly the 145 anywhere. Concerns on canceled Q400 flights and no cancelation pay at RAH on going to the Q. We had a few from every industry. Mesa, CFI, 135 hawker, caravan driver from Tanzania, and even a lowly part 91 Cirrus driver. A Russian that didn't want to talk much about background but mentioned flying 737 one time in Russia. One from Bolivia that admitted to never flying a plane with constant speed prop, current flying a hawker. Most seemed to be upper 20's and up. I'm not too sure if I was the oldest one there or not at 48.
I'm hoping to get the call to come back for the sim.

Everybody is googoo-gaga over the 170. Well, Ok. Lol. If given the option, take a plane with bases near you. Driving distance. Like, multiple bases. Driving to work can make the difference between loving your job, and becoming one of the forum "This crap sucks. . . I'm getting out of the industry. . . Woe is me. . . " people.

I did see @jtrain609 in ORD on my return, he was leaving on a flight out of the gate next to mine.[/quote]

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1.

If it is the guy I am know that was there the CRJ course is provided to ATP instructors after like 600 dual given. For those of us who accepted the conditional offer of employment from them ( right or wrong, good or bad) it does count as the sim portion of the interview.
They keep changing that stuff around so much I can't keep up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Strange, I interviewed 2 weeks ago and they said that the Q was staffed for the rest of the year and nobody would be going to it. The majority of the hiring would be for the 170 and a handful of 145 spots.

USN88 said:
Strange, I interviewed 2 weeks ago and they said that the Q was staffed for the rest of the year and nobody would be going to it. The majority of the hiring would be for the 170 and a handful of 145 spots.

I might of missed it, did you get an offer @USN88 ?

Back