Radar approach plate question

jawright

Take a look at these radar approach minimums.

http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0902/SE3RAD.PDF

At Daytona Beach, the procedure ID is listed as "RADAR-1," while at Deland the procedure ID is listed as "RADAR-". I've also seen them listed as "RADAR-2".

What is the significance of the number (or lack thereof) listed after the word "RADAR"?

Generally speaking, if there's a little number; the number after RADAR refers to which note below applies to the approach, radar, or GCA freq itself. You'll note that at Pensacola NAS, you have Radar1 (miniature) with note 1 applying below, and at Tyndall AFB, RADAR2 (miniature) with note 2 applying to the system.

For your specific question, the large number after RADAR generally refers to there being a different radar procedure with a different radar. IIRC, Lawton AAF at Ft Sill, Oklahoma is displayed this way. Their RADAR-1 is an ASR to RW 35, while the RADAR-2 is a procedure to RW 17.

For your specific question, the large number after RADAR generally refers to there being a different radar procedure with a different radar. IIRC, Lawton AAF at Ft Sill, Oklahoma is displayed this way. Their RADAR-1 is an ASR to RW 35, while the RADAR-2 is a procedure to RW 17.
Similar to VOR-A, VOR-B?

Generally speaking, if there's a little number; the number after RADAR refers to which note below applies to the approach, radar, or GCA freq itself. You'll note that at Pensacola NAS, you have Radar1 (miniature) with note 1 applying below, and at Tyndall AFB, RADAR2 (miniature) with note 2 applying to the system.

Thanks for the reply! The meaning of the little number was fairly self-explanatory, but until now I hadn't been able to find the meaning of the large number. I checked all the normal avenues (the IFH, IPH, the legend for both the Jep and NACO plates and the AIM), all to no avail. In what publication can I find this?

Back